Kaseya Community

How to Silent Uninstall Google Drive

This question is not answered

I need to uninstall Google Drive and install Google File Stream to all of our users.  The install Google File Stream part is easy.  I don't see an option to do a silent uninstall of Google Drive.  Does anyone have a tip for that?  Thanks!

changed posting from discussion to question
[edited by: John Jobe at 1:57 PM (GMT -8) on Feb 23, 2018]
All Replies
  • @John Jobe

You can navigate to the Audit module > Add/Remove and the uninstall string you can script in agent procedures is a get place to start.

• John Jobe,

This is a difficult task. We are working on the same thing. One problem is the user must close google drive/sign out before uninstall will complete.

• JamesB - taskkill /f /im googledrivesync.exe

• Too add to @S Mason inquiry; there is also a step in agent procedures to kill processes as well.

• If you have access to ninitepro

executeshellcommand as system or user, probably system but maybe user-

ninitepro.exe /select "Google Drive" /uninstall /silent C:\whereveryouwantthelog\log.txt

Then if you wanted you could consume the log and email yourself the results in a send email.  Probably need the task kill like Smason mentioned above too.

Or you could do the uninstall string but that would take some trial and error, I would suggest doing a report to pull all the strings so that once you find the correct command you can put all the iterations in.

• Does it appear when you run this command:

wmic product get name

If so, you can use this to remove it:

wmic product where "name like '%%PRODUCT NAME%%'" call uninstall /nointeractive

(replace PRODUCT NAME with the name shown in the results of the first command)