Kaseya Community

Will we see the rise of 'super' MSPs in 2018?

• With 2017 coming to a close, tons of predictions for the year to come are starting to flood in.

One I found particularly interesting is the potential rise of the ‘super’ or ‘uber’ (insert any related adjective here) MSP.

Our own Miguel Lopez sites two market trends for his reasoning.

1. Private equity firms are increasingly buying large MSPs and merging them, and in some instances, combining acquisitions in the same region
    2. MSPs are starting to forge groups to leverage their respective services and capitalize on the market

As MSP business owners and veterans of the space as a whole, I’m sure this comes as no surprise to most of you. But still, I’d like to hear your thoughts on the matter, if you think this prediction is correct, and what plans you have in place to address the potential rise of super MSPs.

• 2018 will see the emergence of large MSPs. Here are the important trends that will modify the business landscape for MSPs

Growth in cloud computing

Migration from private to public cloud infrastructure

Increasing acquisitions related to the consolidation of tools that MSPs use to operate their businesses

Continued movement down market by Telcos and ISVs resulting in the erosion of MSP marketshare

Increasing demand for secure IT infrastructure