Kaseya Community

Built in "Backup Failed" picking up non-backup related events..

This question is not answered

It seems that Kaseya's built in method of detecting a failed backup is erroneously generating alerts.

Is there a way to customize / exclude these?

I am receiving a Backup Failed email for the following event:

Log: Application
Type: Error Event: 10000
Agent Time: 2017-07-19 00:01:51Z
Event Time: 07:00:00 AM 19-Jul-2017 UTC
Source: BackupConnector
Category: None
Username: N/A
Computer: SERVER.host.local Description: [DIAG] Debug trace file C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Logs\20170719\SERVER_CBCK_01_20170719_0001.txt was not open : No such file or directory (error : 2)

This has nothing to do with backup - it has to do with blackberry's call log synchronization system - and this particular event is something blackberry will never fix.

I'm guessing it is triggering Kaseya's "Backup Failed" because the source starts with "Backup" .. no doubt Kaseya is matching "*Backup*.

Any way to change this behaviour?

Verified Answer
  • To answer my own question - it turns out I was wrong - this has nothing to do with Kaseya's internal backup.  There was an event alert configured that used a rule set.  Inside that ruleset was a rule that matched *Backup* and therefore matched the Blackberry BackupConnector.  I added an Ignore rule for BackupConnector and everything was fixed.

All Replies
  • To answer my own question - it turns out I was wrong - this has nothing to do with Kaseya's internal backup.  There was an event alert configured that used a rule set.  Inside that ruleset was a rule that matched *Backup* and therefore matched the Blackberry BackupConnector.  I added an Ignore rule for BackupConnector and everything was fixed.