Kaseya Community

Software Deployment - how to keep applications up to date

This question is not answered

Morning!

I just get Software Deployment (via ninite) and i am new to all this, I am trying to find Java and Adobe updates for all my users and making sure that they are all up to date? 

Also, I want to remove LogMeIn from all the users machines, the UNINSTALL STRING is different for each user, how do I go about doing this?

Thanks!

All Replies
  • Morning!

Jump onto the site: ninite.com/.../switches.html

Has some really good info. I create a procedure (command shell) to run my updates on a schedule.

Initially i made sure ninite was on everyone's machine and i then run the command to execute using ninite.

This helped. ninite.com/.../update.html

Real quick and simple. You can then add to log results etc.

Hope this helps. There may be better ways to do it so you can completely ignore this if you wish to :)

Happy typing!

• Hello!

I have kaseya installed on everyone's machine.. I need to install ninite on everyone's machine as well??

I purchased Ninite Pro and integrated it with Kaseya so i have a Software Deployment section. I thought i was suppose to use that?

Where do i type those commands into? For example, if i want remove utorrent, i found this;

NinitePro.exe /select uTorrent /remote file:machines.txt /silent report.csv /uninstall

but where do i type it in to remove it from all the users who have kaseya agent installed?

None of my kaseya agents have ninite installed.

• Hello!

I have kaseya installed on everyone's machine.. I need to install ninite on everyone's machine as well??

I purchased Ninite Pro and integrated it with Kaseya so i have a Software Deployment section. I thought i was suppose to use that?

Where do i type those commands into? For example, if i want remove utorrent, i found this;

NinitePro.exe /select uTorrent /remote file:machines.txt /silent report.csv /uninstall

but where do i type it in to remove it from all the users who have kaseya agent installed?

None of my kaseya agents have ninite installed.

• Ok so for installing Ninite, you can do the following:

Upload Ninite.exe file to Kaseya.

Then go to Agent Procedures > Create a new procedure

Procedure =

writeFile ("Ninite.exe", "Enter Destination Location including the name of your Ninite.exe file etc etc)

Another line = executeFile (Path of where the Ninite.exe file is located)

Then save it. Test to your machine. All it will do is write the file to the machine and then execute the file. When it executes, it will create a folder called KSDU > NiniteDownloads & Ninite.exe

So now when utilising ninite to install or uninstall, you just basically execute a command shell procedure inputting the location of where ninite is and then entering in the ninite command itself.

I hope this helps. It's good when you get your head around it. My procedures for ninite are pretty much one liners but with some extras for reporting.

Just reply back if you need more details.

Chur, Mike.

• Hello!

So I uploaded Ninite.exe as you suggested but now what?

writeFile ("Ninite.exe", "Enter Destination Location including the name of your Ninite.exe file etc etc)

When you mean enter destination location, do you mean WHERE i uploaded the ninite.exe file to? IF so, how do i find out where it got uploaded to? I uploaded it to the path you told me to.

Another line = executeFile (Path of where the Ninite.exe file is located)

How do I find out where this is located?

Thanks!

• Didn't realise you could upload screenshots. This is my procedure for just Ninite install only. 

•  Well the posts from appear to be intended to show you how you can use Ninite *without* the Software deployment module.    When you are using it *with* the software deployment module all that is required is to upload your niniteone.exe file to the Kserver.

It can definately handle your Java and adobe updates just fine, but you'll need to walk through Kaseya's process for doing the initial setup of a policy to deploy/update the apps.  I'd recommend reading through the help here: help.kaseya.com/.../index.asp

• Thanks Jonathan. I completely forgot and disregarded the software deployment module. I think it was because i was having no luck with it about 8 month ago. Appreciate your response on this. I'll start playing!