Kaseya Community

REST API supplies alarm event text, but missing title

This question is not answered

In 9.3, we used to get the alarm title (e.g.: p3.hardware.error) and content of the alarm, but in 9.4, we only seem able to pull the content of the alarm with /assetmgmt/logs/{agentguid}/alarms.  In this case, event log text that triggered an alarm is visible.  We've dug through the API documentation and can't seem to locate a command to pull alarm titles.  

Has anyone found a means to get this information?  We're trying to update a NOC Board display that shows the alarms with title, agent name and partial description inline with other systems' alarms.

Verified Answer
  • We've been in talks with Kaseya Support on the REST API, and they have confirmed the API is missing a lot of the information we're looking for. They've suggested and we have filed a feature request.

All Replies
  • Hi

This REST resource hasn't changed between versions 9.3 and 9.4. In both versions, the model underlying this resource has two properties

1. Event, string

2. Time, datetime

Can you elaborate on where you were getting the title from?

Thanks.

• Hi Vik,

Thanks for your response.  In 9.3 we were pulling the assetmgmt/logs/{agentId}/logmonitoring, which now just returns empty.  We switched to /assetmgmt/logs/{agentguid}/alarms which as you've stated spits out the content of each alarm and a datestamp.  We assumed something had to have changed between versions.  With logmonitoring, we were able to pull the title, which includes p3.hardware.error from our monitor sets, among many others.

Thank you,

--Brad

• Hey

I'm going to confirm this with the Agent team but I don't think these two REST resources are relatable. They expose data from different sources - one is the agent alarm logs, and the other exposes agent log monitoring logs.

On the VSA UI, these map in this way

GET /assetmgmt/logs/./alarms =  Agent > Agent Logs > pick an agent > Agent Monitoring Logs tab > Alarms sub tab

GET /assetmgmt/logs/./logmonitoring = Agent > Agent Logs > pick an agent > Agent Monitoring Logs tab > Monitoring sub tab

Can you confirm that you are seeing logs on the UI for the REST resources where you are expecting to see data but aren't?

Thanks,

Vik

• Hey I'm waiting to get the Agent team's take on this. Did you get a chance to compare the data visible via the UI with what you're seeing from the API responses?

Thanks,

Vik

• Hi Vik, the alarms on our Alarm Summary show up in our pull from the API.  We seem to be getting just the content or description of the API.  More recently, it's been randomly switching between which data it gives us, to include the alarm's title.  I'm asking our programmer to hop on this thread to elaborate.

• We've been in talks with Kaseya Support on the REST API, and they have confirmed the API is missing a lot of the information we're looking for. They've suggested and we have filed a feature request.

• Good luck with that feature request @bradbrownjr ;-)