Kaseya Community

Limits on Directory Path reporting?

This question is answered

Hello,

I was assigned a task to pull a report on which machines in the company have either 32 or 64 bit Google Chrome installed. To the best of my knowledge, since the version number technically stays the same on either bit version, the best way to determine this remotely is to navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\*chromeversion*\WidevineCdm\_platform_specific" and there will be a folder for "win_x64" or "win_x86" depending on which version is installed. I have built a report and enabled a filter to find "Directory Path Equal (=) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\54.0.2840.99\WidevineCdm\_platform_specific\win_x86" as all of their machines have the most up to date instance of Chrome and I would like to find the 32 bit versions first. However when I run this report command it returns a blank data report with no results. If I were to remove all other folders in the Filter Value and use "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\54.0.2840.99" instead, it will pull a successful report of all the machines with that version of chrome but any folders past that will return the same blank report. I would like to know if anyone has had any luck performing such a request or has any suggestions on fixes to my report values or possibly another tab in Kaseya to use instead of Info Center->Reporting? I appreciate any and all feedback in advance!

Thanks

Verified Answer
  • In my organization, while IT manages networked drive backups, local drive backups are the user responsibility. I xcopy my local Windows XP hard drive to the network drive weekly using xcopy with the /D switch. I have never failed to find what I need when searching the shared drive, but one always wonders, can you be absolutely sure that an xcopy based back-up to the network is really reliable? We use the local drives because local access is about 20x faster than network access. It really matters to productivity. Bluestacks TextNow Photomath

organisation channel.
    [edited by: zimou13 at 7:25 AM (GMT -7) on May 26, 2018]
All Replies
  • Hi  

What report / report part are you using?

• Hello Nicolas,

I have customized a report from the basic "Application" report part as I had built a previous report to get the versions of IE installed on the same company's computers. This last report I built worked fine but it was with different parameters, now once I have the Application report part started I have an advanced filter to only find machines with the certain folder paths under "Directory Path" from the "Edit Table Data Part".

Thanks

• Hi  

Once I put an application in the path you specified (placed a random application in the directory you are trying to query) the report part successfully showed the directory path. Since this is an application report part, its look for some sort of application.

That is most likely why you can pull the higher level directory because it has an application in place.

• Nicolas,

Thank you for your assistance on the matter. This actually does make sense being that there are .exe files in the higher level folders but none past the folder stating the version number. If this is the case, are there any other report parts that you know of that will allow me to pull a report of say specific .dll files or just folder directories without needing an application in place? I just ran through all other available Report Parts and don't see anything that immediately catches my eye as a suitable option.

Thanks

•  

I do not see a report part that you can leverage to achieve this.

What exactly are you trying to achieve with this Report? Does it have to be in a report?

There are probably several other ways you could achieve this, as an example you can create an agent procedure to query this and store it as a custom field -- then a report part can be created for this custom field.

I haven't tested this very thoroughly so you may need to add some checks but here is an example:

• In my organization, while IT manages networked drive backups, local drive backups are the user responsibility. I xcopy my local Windows XP hard drive to the network drive weekly using xcopy with the /D switch. I have never failed to find what I need when searching the shared drive, but one always wonders, can you be absolutely sure that an xcopy based back-up to the network is really reliable? We use the local drives because local access is about 20x faster than network access. It really matters to productivity. Bluestacks TextNow Photomath

organisation channel.
    [edited by: zimou13 at 7:25 AM (GMT -7) on May 26, 2018]