Kaseya Community

Viewing more than 100 agents?

This question is answered

Is there a way to set the number of viewed agents per page above the default of 100?  

Sorry, I presume this is a common question, but I don't see how to search the forums yet.  The main search at the top is grayed out.

Thank you in advance.

-Steve

Verified Answer
  • This used to work o most screens but now it only seems to work on the 'older' screens.

The screens that have been redesigned in the newer VSA version use some other way I have not yet found.

Edit "C:\Kaseya\Webpages\UserFilterTable.asp", find the first 3 lines below and add the rest.

<option value='10'>10</option>

<option value='30'>30</option>

<option value='100'>100</option>

<option value='250'>250</option>

<option value='500'>500</option>

<option value='750'>750</option>

<option value='1000'>1000</option

Regards

Eric Smeets

All Replies
  • This would be great feature, always annoying having to change page and tab on bigger customers.

• Would also be nice to be able to set 100 (or All) as the default.  Every time I open a log to view, the first thing I do is set rows per page to 100 rather than 10

• This used to work o most screens but now it only seems to work on the 'older' screens.

The screens that have been redesigned in the newer VSA version use some other way I have not yet found.

Edit "C:\Kaseya\Webpages\UserFilterTable.asp", find the first 3 lines below and add the rest.

<option value='10'>10</option>

<option value='30'>30</option>

<option value='100'>100</option>

<option value='250'>250</option>

<option value='500'>500</option>

<option value='750'>750</option>

<option value='1000'>1000</option

Regards

Eric Smeets

• I tried running the edit above to no avail. Copy pasta as it's shown.

Edit
    [edited by: Jodub112 at 12:35 PM (GMT -7) on Mar 21, 2017]
  • Corrected the missing last >

But still doesn't work in 9.4...

• Long ago and far away, we requested this simple change. We used the black hole known as the "Feature Request". You can see how well that worked. This is just one more of the changes that would be made if Kaseya used their own product and had to deal with being forced to limit the amount of agents one can view at once. It can't be that difficult to make a larger selection an option but they seem to be steadfast in their refusal to do so.

The search box is not "grayed out".That's the unfortunate color they choose to make it stand out. While it does not function like 99.99% of the search windows you'll see, it really does work once you learn the trick. Just type in your search term and hit "Enter". Ignore that goofy little "Magnifying glass" icon that has no apparent function.

• I'd like to (quite possibly fruitlessly) add my voice to this. We manage 500 or so computers, and in my opinion, Kaseya needs to pick: Either do multiple pages of things, or scroll things up and down. All over in the interface there are lists that you have to scroll AND page in (like the machine group list), and it's just redundant and irritating. Pick one. Or better yet, let us be able to pick one or a combination. It should not be difficult to accomplish.

• A historical reason it's limited to 100 by default: a lot the code (ASP and/or SQL) times out and fails if you try to load too many agents at once.

Hence, the limit to 100 was a hack to stop the back-end from crashing when data collection required to render the page took too long.

Things have progressed [SQL is better, ASPX pages, faster servers these days etc.], however it's still a crapshoot when trying to load large volumes of data. Hack at your own risk.

I believe Dana Epp and others are working towards fixing a lot of this - but it's a massively slow process.

• is right. The limit is set due to design decisions made during the early era of the VSA. We're working on overhauling this to support flexibility and scalability. It's not going to be an overnight thing however -- it's a massive and exciting project.