Kaseya Community

Kaseya Agent Install Fail On MacOS - Sierra

This question is answered

Error 2: Installation of the Agent failed because the command line arguments file does not exist in the installer bundle. (/private/var/folders/1w/jq4vfq_x3pd9qkppybg5nh7c0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/EC39EDDC-D31F-4E90-BECC-A501745FE6C4/d/.KcsSetup/cmdLine.cmd)

I would like to know a solution.

Verified Answer
  • Hi All....

I solved this problem with the help of kaseya support.

solution is.....

1. Create/Edit Agent Package

2. agent install

(run in Cmd line : ./KcsSetup.app/Contents/MacOS/KcsSetup )

[edited by: Cheungman Kim at 12:10 AM (GMT -7) on Oct 12, 2016]
All Replies
  • We're also having this issue.

• Hi All,

This issue has been reported to engineering. I would advise everyone impacted by this issue to create a support ticket and reference problem ticket #155023. This will ensure you are notified when we release a patch for this issue. Alternatively, You can check Kaseya's Patch Release Notes, help.kaseya.com/.../index.asp.

Also, a KB was created for this and will be updated when the fix is released.

helpdesk.kaseya.com/.../228426268-MacOS-Sierra-version-10-12-Agent-Support

Problem ticket number added
    [edited by: Oscar Hernandez at 8:38 AM (GMT -7) on Sep 29, 2016]
  • Anyone know if there is a work around from the install issue?

• Hi All....

I solved this problem with the help of kaseya support.

solution is.....

1. Create/Edit Agent Package

2. agent install

[edited by: Cheungman Kim at 12:10 AM (GMT -7) on Oct 12, 2016]
  • Thanks , that's perfect.  I'll give it a shot.

• Thank you,  for providing the community the workaround.

I went ahead and wrote up the following KB Article, as there have been some reported issues with the workaround:

https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/hc/en-gb/articles/229495407

If anyone encounters any other issues, please PM me directly and I can update the article.

• I'm not authorized to view that page, Nicolas, even when logged into the zendesk site.

• Thank you,  for reporting this to me, it should be fixed now - mistake on my part.

I am still getting used to the new Help Center interface for ZenDesk.

• Can you explain your solution? where do i put this

How do i build that into the agent package?

• Hi  

I believe it is a cmd line reference or more likely a terminal reference to run on the Mac OS X machine.

So you would run the package with the above-referenced command line via terminal in the directory the package is located in.

From 's screenshot:

• Is the fix for the package slated for an upcoming patch?  We are onboarding a lot of sierra lately and generally this means the user can't self install so we have to get a session going with another remote tool and run through the process for them.

• My team has finished the problems we had with Sierra and it is planned to be in the 9.3.0.24 patch.

• thanks for taking the time to respond to this, it's getting to be a much bigger deal for us and I'm happy to hear it's coming soon.  Don't suppose you have any idea on 2016 server.

• Server 2016 is also planned for 9.3.0.24, which should be out in the middle of December.

• Okay, the links above do not work. They just take me to a page that says 'Oops'.  I can see the terminal, but how do I get to the point where I can run the file from the Downloads folder on the Mac?