Kaseya Community

Nesting groups and moving machines and several other questions.

This question is answered

Good morning, 

I'm a super noob here. I am in the process of revamping our Kaseya infrastructure. 

Currently we have several organizations in Kaseya.  There are several groups I want to merge, there are also several groups which are basically duplicates, but have different names. 

Here are my questions. 

1. If I create a new Organization, can I move an existing group to that new org i.e. nest that group in that new organization. 

2. Will the computers that are currently in the existing organization move automatically. 

3. How do I move existing computers to a new organization? 

4. Will the agent do an automatic inventory of the computer or do I need to add a switch in the command of the agent? 

5. Is there a way to tell the agent to inventory a computer and change the computer name to the serial number that it discovers? 

Missed some words.
[edited by: Randy Weber at 6:55 AM (GMT -7) on Sep 12, 2016]
Verified Answer
  • You can move agents within Kaseya without problem (Keep in mind policies, if policies are tied to an org or group then moving them out will impact which policies are applied), you can do this from the agent tab by selecting the ones you would like to move and using the manage change group menu item on the bar.

You can create a new org and create new groups under the org but I do not think you can move an group between orgs easily.

No need to repush the agent.

If you're looking for an updated inventory do a latest audit from audit, collect data, audit.

Regarding serial number you can add the column to your normal views and report on it, is that what you are after?

All Replies
  • You can move agents within Kaseya without problem (Keep in mind policies, if policies are tied to an org or group then moving them out will impact which policies are applied), you can do this from the agent tab by selecting the ones you would like to move and using the manage change group menu item on the bar.

You can create a new org and create new groups under the org but I do not think you can move an group between orgs easily.

No need to repush the agent.

If you're looking for an updated inventory do a latest audit from audit, collect data, audit.

Regarding serial number you can add the column to your normal views and report on it, is that what you are after?