Kaseya Community

Limited Mode

• Hi

Extremely new to Kaseya and have been playing around with it for only a couple of days.

Had this issue where I couldn't properly Live Connect to a machine through Internet Explorer 11. It would always come up with "Unable to Live Connect" in the corner of the screen.

My work around was to simply add the URL to trusted sites in IE. Not sure if this is the best way or if there is a better and more permanent fix?

Either way, it works perfectly fine now

Cheers

• Limited mode is usually accessed by a keyboard shortcut if I remember correctly. It doesn't actually make a connection to the machine, just populates information from the database.

I have not had this issue, and I live connected from an IE 11 browser just this morning. I would open a ticket with support, if you haven't already.

Oh, and welcome to the community! This is a perfect place to get your questions answered if you are new. The people in this forum community are all VERY kind, and VERY helpful.

Welcome aboard!

• Yes the keyboard shortcut was all I could find on the matter as well. Tried re-installing the plugins, clearing the cache in IE but no luck. Based on what I've done to resolve it, IE doesn't seem happy with the plugins running and has to be told that the page is trusted so that it can allow everything to run.

Thanks for the welcome, I'm sure I'll find many topics here useful. I've been looking into creating procedures with powershell scripts to get software information (version numbers for specific software) but that's a topic for another day I think :)

• Your audit function will do that for you, no powershell needed. This also gets version numbers, and you can even create a report that will tell you what machines have what versions of a software, ect.  Please feel free to add me as a friend on the forum, and you are welcome to use the chat function to ask me questions if you have any. Might not always have the answer, but having someone to bounce things off of is never a bad thing.