Kaseya Community

Blanking out the client side screen during a Remote Control Session

This question is answered

Hello,

When you connect using a Remote Control session (Connect directly to the remote desktop computer) (Not the Private Remote Control since we do not always know a users password and would rather not know it!) is there a way to then blank out the client side if you do not wish for them to see what command, repairs, etc that you may be performing?  Thanks in advance.

Mark

Verified Answer
  • Hello Mshep,

Unfortunately, this is not currently a functionality of Kaseya Remote Control. As Craig Hart Suggested, we do have KRC Private Sessions, but as you described this is not entirely what you are referring to. I do think, however, this is a great idea, and would recommend that you make a feature request over on our Knowledge base: helpdesk.kaseya.com/.../22894198-Command-Control

From there, anyone who visits this thread who agrees that this would be great functionality can go ahead and vote for your feature request. So I would highly suggest you post a link to the feature request here!

Please note that you will need to be logged into your Helpdesk account to see and create a feature request.

All Replies
  • I don't believe so, not currently anyhow. Probably needs to be a feature request. Does using RDP instead of KRC possibly achieve what you want?

In our case, we don't care about the display but it would be useful to disable user input while we're working, so they don't go and try to use the machine whilst we're doing our thing....obviously this would need to be re-enabled automatically as part of any KRC disconnect.

• Thanks for the response Craig, Yes RDP would provide us with a private session but in general this is when we are providing support to a client, they are showing us whats the problem or issue is or maybe just making a few quick simple changes when we do not necessarily want the client to see "our secret recipe..ha ha" Anyway good idea on the feature request thought, a simple bottom on our interface where we can click it and the client side goes black with a message that says "A Company Technician is Currently repairing your computer... please wait" or something down those lines would be slick!

• Can I down vote this idea?

• ghanssen, regarding your response "can I down votethis idea?"  Please explain?

• I am all for this idea as well. I  believe it would add great functionality.

This is something that Teamviewer currently offers.

• Hello Mshep,

Unfortunately, this is not currently a functionality of Kaseya Remote Control. As Craig Hart Suggested, we do have KRC Private Sessions, but as you described this is not entirely what you are referring to. I do think, however, this is a great idea, and would recommend that you make a feature request over on our Knowledge base: helpdesk.kaseya.com/.../22894198-Command-Control

From there, anyone who visits this thread who agrees that this would be great functionality can go ahead and vote for your feature request. So I would highly suggest you post a link to the feature request here!

Please note that you will need to be logged into your Helpdesk account to see and create a feature request.

• GonzaloCarrillo,

Thank you for the reply, I have submitted a suggestion on the feature request page as you suggested, just waiting for the notice that the post was approved, then will post link here, not sure how long that takes for a moderator to approve a request?

Thanks.

• Hey  

I asked the moderator of the Help Desk System to approve your Feature Request.

Going forward, you should no longer have to ask for your Feature Requests to be approved as they whitelisted your account (This usually only happens on first submission).

I believe this is your article?

https://kaseya.zendesk.com/entries/98894637

Let me know if this is the incorrect one, I will update the link.

• Nicolas,

Yes that is my request, appreciate the assistance.

Thanks, Mark