since yesterday our KServer suddenly ( together with some others servers......) moved towards a root.kserver group.
don't know from where this group is coming and why it has been created !!
ticket opened since yesteday
What does the Agent > Agent Logs > Configuration Changes log say about why the agent is moving groups?
this is what happened on the 22/02:
12:27:17 pm 22-Feb-16 Admin *System* set Removed procedure 1192365543 from agent 892387852829133
12:27:17 pm 22-Feb-16 Admin *System* set Removed procedure 197592980 from agent 892387852829133
12:27:17 pm 22-Feb-16 Admin *System* set Removed procedure 1785240472 from agent 892387852829133
12:27:17 pm 22-Feb-16 Admin *System* set Removed procedure 239631569 from agent 892387852829133
12:27:17 pm 22-Feb-16 Admin *System* set Removed procedure 1380508281 from agent 892387852829133
12:27:17 pm 22-Feb-16 Admin *System* set Removed procedure 876659674 from agent 892387852829133
12:27:17 pm 22-Feb-16 Admin *System* set Removed procedure 1873633019 from agent 892387852829133
12:04:14 pm 22-Feb-16 Name Policy for the group ID kserver.root (19323114523559221658712524) changed the name of the Agent (892387852829133) from argon.brussels.waslet to argon.root.kserver
7:55:41 am 22-Feb-16 Admin firstname.lastname@example.org changed alarm 1448196; state changed to Closed
don't know :
1) from where is coming this Name Policy ?
2) why this is happening ?
due to all the outstanding support problems / tickets I was asked by support to try a re-install of the current version + addons
ok thanks for putting me on the right track.....
solved 1 out of 3, thus still 2 to go.
1 question remaining.....due to all this hazzle we ended up with 2 globaltemplates.
there is one in the templates group and now I have one in the unnamed group ?
Were you able to figure out the naming policy conflict? I am not sure if that was resolved at this point, but it sounds as though it is.
System > Naming Policy must have been assigned to that machine group recently, which may have caused a conflict that you are seeing (You can check the Agent > Agent Logs > Config changes log to see who may have made this modification).
In regards to the templates - I do not want to assume what the issue is here, perhaps you can provide us with a screenshot or image of the issue? It may also be best to get a support ticket in, just in case.
Yes, you are correct that the problem is "partially" solved....
I honestly don't know what happened on monday but a new group root.kserver was created !!
don't know why as I don't have any automatic procedure in place to do so.
I have a print-out of the naming policy which was also put in place having as consquence that our Production Kaseya Server was moved from the normal group to this new root.kserver with all hazzle agent-procs failing, etc
monitoring problems. ( an ip-range was implimented, as soon as I tried to move the server to the normal group, it moved again due to this naming Policy ) so rather very ODD
Don't know if there is a way of being advised when new groups are being created......
I hope that there is nothing within the kaseya install procedure that creates new groups !!!
In one of the support tickets ( problem with agentDash.asp.... however when I see the new patch details I wonder whether it is not related as suddenly a buffer is going outside limits 188.8.131.52)
In this ticket I was asled to try a re-install of the actual version + addons