Kaseya Community

Kaseya not reporting systems as offline

This question is not answered

Hi all.  I have a ticket in with support on this but wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this issue.  We upgraded to 9.2 a couple of weeks ago and then upgraded the agents on all of the servers and online workstations.  However we have started noticing on some systems that if a server/workstation is offline that it still appears as online in our portal and shows as checking in even while offline.  This also occurs if we have the agent stopped.  I was wondering if it was limited to VM's running on a Hyper-V host, but we are seeing this on physical workstations as well.

Has anyone else noticed this?  

All Replies
  • Hey  

I see you created a support ticket on this and they seemed to have alleviated some of the issue.

Some of the way the agent communications in 9.2 has changed, which may be the reason this was happening immediately after upgrade.

Let us know if you are still having any issues around this or if it is not occuring at this point.

• It's been happening to us to although not just servers, not just Virtual Servers. It appears to be random and when we connect to another machine on the same LAN and connect Services to the "Offline" machine, we find the service is running. We restart the service and the agent comes back online. Not sure how to report this as the machines are random...

• We've seen the situation where the agent is working, but suddenly reports as offline also. You can usually KRC to the machine and restart the agent service to restore comms.

It's pretty intermittent and rare, so I haven't raised a ticket, not having a specific incident to mention. Will do so next time it happens. We think it may be related to the internet connection dropping out however - it seems to happen most often shortly after an Internet dropout e.g. the client's DSL service glitches momentarily.

• Bingo. Just had one server go funny in exactly this way. ticket #122948 opened.

• ...and *after* restarting the agent service on the machine, this is what we see in the logs:

10:39:06 am 12-Feb-16 Username: administrator

10:39:06 am 12-Feb-16 KAgentExt.dll is loaded. Version 9.2.0.0.

10:39:02 am 12-Feb-16 LogParser.dll is loaded. Version 9.2.0.0.

10:39:02 am 12-Feb-16 KEventLog.dll is loaded. Version 9.2.0.0.

10:39:02 am 12-Feb-16 Agent started - 729969 seconds elapsed since system started v9.2.0.0

10:39:00 am 12-Feb-16 Agent stopped v9.2.0.0. Agent started at 23:55:31 Feb 03 2016.

10:38:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:37:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:36:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:35:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:34:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:33:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:32:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:31:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:30:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:29:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:28:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:27:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:26:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:25:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:24:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:23:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:22:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:21:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:20:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:19:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:18:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:17:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:16:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:15:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:14:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:13:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:12:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:11:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:10:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:09:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:08:38 am 12-Feb-16 ERROR: keep-alive in doClientTasks() call to kascSend failed with error -12

10:07:38 am 12-Feb-16 Network connection unexpectedly lost

Note: these log entries don't appear in the VSA until *after* the agent is restarted (which makes sense, because the agen won't be uploading logs to the VSA, if it's offline!

Clearly the failed with error -12 bit is the important bit.

• Just as a follow up, support had me Reapply the Schema to the server and then force an agent update to all systems.  When I did this on the servers and tested it by stopping the agent the server showed as offline in the portal almost immediately and when I started it the server showed as online again.

I now have to do this to all of the workstations we manage (1100+).  I am hoping that support can give me an idea why this occurred.  I am still waiting on a response on that part.

• We're having similar problem (ticket opened with Kaseya Support for over a week). Just noticed that Agent Status Offline Alerts are not working. This started after v9.2.0.4 update to Patch Level 9.2.0.12 for KAV on Win10 devices (which didn't work either).

Also, can't run scripts as no devices show up in Agent Procedures. This update has been a PIA!!

• Well, the Reapply Schema did not correct the issue, or maybe I should say it was a temporary measure.  We had a customer today that was moving 5 servers between 10:00 AM and 2:30 PM.  It was a mix of Physical and VM's.  During that time frame all servers were actually offline.  However 3 of the servers still showed as online and if you checked the last check in time the three showing as online still reported as checking in every 30 seconds!

I updated the ticket with Kaseya Support (122597) and pulled the log files from the install folder for them to review.  I am wondering if this could be from upgrading the same install numerous times?  Some of the servers and workstations having this issue have been around since we were on v5.0 and v6.0.  Has anyone tried uninstalling the agent from a server/workstation, deleting the entry from Kaseya then reinstalling the agent?

• I've had an issue similar to this, but only in one group, and only while running patches. VSA shows the machine is offline, we get the offline alerts to our cell phones, but you can remote control the machine anyway, and it is very much online. It seems to go away after the patch installs have finished...

• Just an update.  Support provided me with a version 9.1 kserver.exe file and had me log into our Kaseya server, stop the Kaseya Server Service service, rename the existing file to kserver92.exe and put the 9.1 kserver.exe in place and then start the service.

I then logged into the servers that I knew had the problem of still appearing as online and checking in even though they were offline.  I stopped the Kaseya agent service on those and confirmed that after a couple of minutes those servers did actually appears as offline in the portal.

I am going to test this throughout this week to make sure that everything is working properly.

• - Thank you for sharing this information with the community.

For others experiencing this issue, I would strongly suggest creating a support ticket.

They should be able to provide any temporary workarounds and notify you when this is resolved.

(FYI - The referenced file will most likely revert to the new kserver.exe when you run a patch/update)