Kaseya Community

Uninstalling Flash

• Is there a easy method for removing Flash from PCs?  Many of my customers want it removed..

• Hello Mike,

If it is Adobe Flash Player that you are trying to remove from Agents, there is an uninstaller that we can use within an Agent Procedure.

download.macromedia.com/.../uninstall_flash_player.exe

I sent you a screenshot of some steps that you could use to download and run this.

Regards,

Wayne

Adobe Flash Uninstall
    [edited by: Wayne Clancy at 4:24 AM (GMT -7) on Jul 15, 2015]
  • Procedure Adobe Flash - Uninstall.xml

It expects there to be a temp folder inside the kworking folder. It downloads the uninstaller from Adobe, runs it, then deletes the file. 

• Wayne,

I am having the same issues with my clients. Can you send me the screenshot that you sent Mike. This would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Drew

• Thanks for this Rusty.

• Another option would be to run a powershell command in a procedure for

(get-wmiobject win32_product | ? {$_.Name -like '*Adobe Flash*'}).uninstall()

• i actually manage flash with multiple procedures.

The one above that downloads and runs the removal tool

then one each to download and install the latest activex and plugin version

then i have a 4th that calls all 3 in order.

that one is called with yet another procedure that runs pre-patching

i have patching set to 3 times a week for workstations (have a lot of machines onboarding that are behind and can't wait for initial)

• Thanks!

• Hi Drew,

I tested Rusty's Procedure and it works fine can you try that first - you can download it and then on the Agent Procedures - Schedule/Create page Select your Folder or a shared folder then click on the

Import Folder/Procedure button.

• Thanks for the reply Wayne. I have tested it and it works great.

• Hi Rusty,

Could you share all your Flash Player procedures with us. (the multiple procedures that you talked below)

I need to do the same thing, update all our workstations with the latest version of Adobe Flash.

Thanks.

• Procedure Folder Adobe Flash.xml

Attached is an import that will create an Adobe Flash folder with 4 procedure.

- _Adobe Flash - Update to Latest

- Adobe Flash - Uninstall

- Adobe Flash ActiveX - Install

- Adobe Flash Plugin - Install

The update to latest procedure will run the other 3. I have it set to run as a post patching procedure that runs 2-3 times a week.

• Thank you!