VSA Roadmap presented by Prakash Khot, CTO
· How will the deprecation of NPAPI in September 2015 affect Kaseya Live Connect™?
· Since Service Desk will be replacing the Ticketing feature, will there be an automatic process for exporting tickets to the system?
· Will there be additional costs associated with moving to Service Desk?
· How will add-on modules be supported in future Kaseya VSA releases?
· What is the Certified Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) Program?
· Are TAP modules fully supported?
· Who are the TAP partners?
· What if I would like to suggest a new technology company as part of the TAP program?
· Will my existing add-on investment be protected?
· How will TAP licensing work?
· When will I need to make the transition for the add-on modules?
· How will the conversion / upgrade work?
· What happens if an OEM Partner does not join TAP?
· When will Kaseya support Microsoft Windows 10?
· Why are the Kaseya VSA releases numbered R9.1, R9.8 and R12? What happened to R10 and R11?
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU Kaseya Community . Now THIS is the level of communication we have been expecting from Kaseya. Well done!!
The above FAQ presents the current state of play very nicely, and I am very pleased with the news I'm hearing and reading about. This is the level of detail we have been craving for, so i'm extremely pleased to see you stepping up to the plate and being active here on the forums.
Once again, well done and keep up the good work :)
Since your planning a redo of Backup and Recovery does that mean your going to phase out KDB?
File and directory backup will be included as part of the core solution (see the roadmap recording at about the 4:30 mark). Additional information about backup options begins at the 14:35 mark.
You are very welcome. We are appreciate the constructive discussions and creative ideas of our community members and we're listening. Please do keep the conversations rolling in, and thank you for helping to keep our community vibrant.
I very much agree with Craig Hart's sentiment. Thank you very much for putting this information together!
Kaseya Community I just stumbled on this article and I have to agree with Craig Hart . It's EXTREMELY refreshing to see this level of communication coming from Kaseya. If this continues I'm sure many of us will feel much more comfortable with Kaseya in the future.
Eric Nemchik, Andrew Underwood,
Thank you. We're working hard to make improvements. I know we have more work to do and improvements to make in our communication, but hearing from you all that we're on the right track is very much appreciated.
Ditto, Eric and Craig!!!
I think this is wonderful and I am hopeful Brande can maintain this level of communication!
Kaseya Community I imagine this information may be updated as time goes by, would you be able to post replies into this thread whenever you make updates to the FAQ? This way any of us who are subscribed to the thread will see you have posted a new reply in the thread and maybe have an idea of what changes to look for in the main post.
What updates can we expect for Kaseya Remote Control?
Current planned updates for the next release of the product are available in the Roadmap recording in this thread. No specific updates to KRC were included in this roadmap, but we are regularly reviewing and evaluating what enhancements can be made to our products, including KRC. A patch is currently being worked on to address concerns with clipboard data remaining available after a session is terminated, as posted in the thread here: community.kaseya.com/.../97783.aspx
Any other feature and function updates to modules, including KRC, will be announced through future roadmap updates. Specific requests for updates to any module can be submitted for consideration by adding a feature request or voting on existing feature requests here: kaseya.zendesk.com/.../20135356-Feature-Requests