Kaseya Community

Patch Management of Kaseya only for provide schedule task but can not be download Microsoft path to PC

• Dear Sir/Madam,

I am confirm that Patch Management of Kaseya only for provide schedule task to  deploy the patch.

In our working environment, All PC go to internet through proxy server and no permit access right  to install of patch except to system administrator.

Therefore, I have problem to use Patch Management of Kasey to deploy of patch to All PC.

On other hand, the function of  Patch Management can not be handle of patch download for Microsoft and then deploy of patch to different PC.

It seems that Patch Management of Kaseya  have been provided schedule time for what's time to deploy patch of  PC.

I hope that anyone can let me know actual function of Patch Management for deploy of Microsoft  patch to  PC.

Thanks

Stewart 

• Hello Stewart,

I'm not sure if I understand your problem right, but I think you are looking for something like the File Source option in Patch management, see: help.kaseya.com/.../index.asp

Regards,

Olaf

• Hi Olaf,

Thank you for your updated. For File Source Option, we need setup server for download micriosoft patch and then share this folder for everyone.

I think what is different to use  WSUS Server??

Thanks

Stewart

• Stewartlau,

You can create a LAN Cache (Agent > LAN Cache) to use as a patch repository.  This is, effectively, the same as you creating a file share, but you don't have to directly manage access.

If you choose to create a patch repository on a server on your own, please see this KB article for information:  helpdesk.kaseya.com/.../33795057-How-do-I-configure-a-LAN-Share-as-the-File-Source-

If you choose to use LAN Cache, information can be found here:  help.kaseya.com/.../index.asp

Kaseya does not support WSUS as a file source, but using a LAN Cache or LAN Share is a somewhat similar - though it is not the same.  Kaseya does not support WSUS for patching in any way.

You may find some useful information about the Patch processes and benefits/considerations regarding the file source options in the Tech Jam recordings here:  

www.youtube.com/watch

www.youtube.com/watch