Kaseya Community

On Premise Direction?

• Anyone else have the feeling that support for on-premise does not have a long time horizon? I asked the same question twice during the R9 conference call...the first time it went unanswered. The second time I repeated the question and we were told that they have made a massive investment in SaaS and essentially they made hardware commitments that are out of reach of most partners! I prefer to maintain my own infrastructure...don't talk down to me that I am not capable of providing my own infrastructure. I do not want to be an MSP that is cloud based...I want full control over my environment - in every aspect.

My question to Kaseya is their long term commitment to on premise? The push seems to be all cloud and I will never concede control of my data and my customers to the cloud. I get the feeling that this is their direction and their on-premise customers have not yet been informed. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• I find it difficult to believe that Kaseya would cut itself off from the revenue stream provided by the on premise customer. I'm also reasonably certain that there would be a significant exodus of customers should the offering become Saas only.

But then I've always thought I was smart and good looking so we know my opinions are suspect!  :-)

• I get the same feeling. They're already prepping a feature that supposedly allows "secure" content to be kept on premise, but run Kaseya SAAS. (How all that confidential data going back and forth over the public internet improves security, escapes me).

I can see this as their major rebuttal to the "I don't want SAAS" voices.

Frankly, I think the days of on-premise aren't numbered yet, but it's clear that's the plan.

• Can you make custom SQL Read, Write scripts for service desk and agent procedures in SaaS?

• I have also suspected with the push to the cloud that Kaseya wants to either convert or get rid of their on-premises customers over time.

Their most likely reason for this would be that they could reduce the amount of support staff and associated cost by hosting it themselves or with a professional hosting service as they no longer have to support thousands of installations on different hardware and OS builds that may or may not be causing a subset of the reported issues. The most common issue I suspect would be speed related issues with some customers installing their own Kaseya server on lower end hardware.

The problem myself and others will have with this if this move is true is primarily about loss of any control we might have had and these include;

Control over security, We will be handing security of our networks over to anybody in the world that can figure out how to hack into Kaseya systems not to mention disgruntled employees or accidental security issues like when one customer accidentally gets access to another customer's agents.

Control over speed, for those of us who live in countries with slow international internet connections out side the the US will have speed problems unless they can host these services closer which is expensive.

Control over custom content, we won't be able to customize our solutions as much as we would like and they will make as pay for any customizations they do allow.

I guess only time will tell.

• Microsoft is doing the same thing with Office 365 versus Exchange.  The CEO stated that "on premise customers will be able to move over at their leisure", he did not state that on premise customers will be able to continue as such.  Software companies have been pushing for several years to pull their products back to a controlling position and over the past few years the trend certainly has gained momentum.  As HardKnoX said, "only time will tell".  

• Any more thought to this?  

I went to buy some agents the other day and was told that there would be some great incentives if I move to SAAS.  

This would be unfortunate for us as a cloud solution would be out of the question..  Are there still a lot of on-prem users?  Or are most people moving into the SAAS model?

• SAAS is a no go for us!!!

• SAAS is not viable for us either

• If forced onto SAAS, Kaseya will be history for us.

• Looking at the Kaseya Connect ads it would appear to be heavily directed towards the cloud. I know that our enterprise is but a tiny, insignificant pine needle in the Kaseya haystack and I'm sure they could care less about our leaving but I have a feeling that next year, when our license again comes due, we may be headed off to greener pastures as well. I'm used to Kaseya directing their efforts to you MSP folk but there is simply no way we're headed to the cloud.

• for us in germany it easy - no onpremise -> no Kaseya - no discussion!!