Kaseya Community

Help with Distribute File

This question is answered

This is my first time trying to use this function but I cant seem to get it to work. I have the file/shortcut that I want to distribute on the server already and I'm trying to place it on a number of users' desktops. So for the path I am putting "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Prosecutor" (Prosecutor is the name that I want to give the file)

For some reason, the file just will not transfer. Can anyone help with this? Is there somewhere on the VSA that will tell me what went wrong in the process?

typo
[edited by: frank87 at 6:46 AM (GMT -7) on Oct 22, 2014]
Verified Answer
  • Agent > Agent Logs > Agent Procedure logs will provide some insight as to what occurred as well as any errors.  However, I would suggest including the file extension (.txt or whatever may be appropriate for this specific file) as this is necessary for the copy/transfer process.

All Replies
  • Agent > Agent Logs > Agent Procedure logs will provide some insight as to what occurred as well as any errors.  However, I would suggest including the file extension (.txt or whatever may be appropriate for this specific file) as this is necessary for the copy/transfer process.