Kaseya Community

Does Kaseya Offer These Features

This question is answered

I'm hoping I've posted this on the right forum. I have a few questions in regards features with Kaseya if someone doesn't mind taking the time to offer some insight for me! :)

1) Does Kaseya offer Geo-Fencing for Laptops/Mobile devices (automatic settings based on location). I ask this because I deal with salesman moving between branches around the country.

2) Does Kaseya now offer full feature support for Windows Phone like it does for iOS/Android?

3) How does the new private remote sessions work, i.e. does it just black out the screen for the end user?

Regards,

Alex

Verified Answer
  • Hi

1) Kaseya's MDM module (part of VSA) provides geo-tracking for iOS and Android devices, although there is no alarm based on the geo-location of the mobile device location. Laptops and PCs are managed by the regular Kaseya agents which do not provide geo-tracking out of the box. But one can write custom procedures that can be run to collect this information and you can probably set alarms based on this data.

2) Windows 8 being a mobile as well as PC operating system, these devices are managed as small PCs using the regular Kaseya agent in VSA. The MDM module and BYOD solution support iOS and Android only.

Many of our customers have successfully managed windows tablets in VSA, using the comprehensive set of VSA capabilities on the tablet as if they were managing a PC/laptop. We do not have sufficient data points of windows phones being managed in VSA but I don't see a reason why it won't work.

3) The private sessions are "true private sessions" and not a hack work around such as screen black out. The webinar recording has the demo of these remote control features. You can see it here (at around 9:10 minute marker): http://community.kaseya.com/resources/m/mediagallery/86546.aspx

Hope this helps.

All Replies
  • Hi

1) Kaseya's MDM module (part of VSA) provides geo-tracking for iOS and Android devices, although there is no alarm based on the geo-location of the mobile device location. Laptops and PCs are managed by the regular Kaseya agents which do not provide geo-tracking out of the box. But one can write custom procedures that can be run to collect this information and you can probably set alarms based on this data.

2) Windows 8 being a mobile as well as PC operating system, these devices are managed as small PCs using the regular Kaseya agent in VSA. The MDM module and BYOD solution support iOS and Android only.

Many of our customers have successfully managed windows tablets in VSA, using the comprehensive set of VSA capabilities on the tablet as if they were managing a PC/laptop. We do not have sufficient data points of windows phones being managed in VSA but I don't see a reason why it won't work.

3) The private sessions are "true private sessions" and not a hack work around such as screen black out. The webinar recording has the demo of these remote control features. You can see it here (at around 9:10 minute marker): http://community.kaseya.com/resources/m/mediagallery/86546.aspx

Hope this helps.

• Varun..  Not 100% certain, but offhand I would guess you don't have sufficient data points for windows phones, is that you *can't* use the regular vsa agent on a windows phone... They don't have an intel based processor and thus would require an agent actually compiled for the ARM based processor.  The same reason you can't use the VSA agent on a Surface RT.