Kaseya Community

Patches every other Tuesday - gone?

• The last patch was on a Wednesday.

Now we're a few days late on the Sept 16 patch.

Have we lost our momentum?  Or did I miss an announcement?

Honestly, I don't really care, but "Trust" is what they are working on, and if they are going to change that, they need to tell us.

• I think I noticed this last time a new release was coming out, that month gets no patches.

They probably don't want to introduce any changes to the 7.0 to 8.0 upgrade process they are currently working with.

One also might consider 8.0 to be a rather large patch/update Smile for  the month.

• Just a thought. Perhaps there are no patches ready this fortnight. I never read the patch release cycle as a *promise* to *always* have at least one patch ready each fortnight.

It would be nice if they made a clear statement on patching, e.g. by updating the release notes to say there was no patch this fortnight, but I guess that's expecting too much?

• It's definitely "official".  I've been on every major webinar since new management, and they specifically stated patches after a release will be every 2 weeks (unless there's an emergency), and they settled on Tuesday.

That being said, I can see them not releasing right now in anticipation of 8.0, but I still think they need to announce it.

• 8.0 for almost everyone will be more than a month away. In the meantime, they again appear to be breaking promises as there are still many problems that need fixing now and will need fixing in the next release.

Tuesday 9/16 was the two week cycle. Silence isn't golden, its dishonest! The Roadmap is as useless as past ownership as things suddenly disappear from it without explanation or warning. Nothing new appears, just things removed.

• Maybe Kaseya is happy with the state of their product and think there is nothing left to fix.

• I only found out last week that you had to manually install the patches yourself by running the Kaseya installer.

• trey, I just can't agree. I have always interpreted Kaseya as saying "our patch release cycle is every two weeks" this is not the same as "We will release patches every 2 weeks".

I think they just didn't have any patches ready to release this past fortnight. And I have no issue with that.

• Craig, interesting thought.  I hadn't thought about it that way.  I really have been a K supporter over the past year, you'll even see that in the forums, so I'm not what I would refer to as your standard complainer. :)  But there are still some things they aren't delivering on.  If, as you say, there isn't anything in their mind to patch, then they should state so, do you agree?  Or do you think they should just do nothing?  Also, as a side note, our most recent ticket took 5 days for their initial response.  :)  Not quite there yet, IMO, but I'm still trying to be supportive.

• Hi Trey,

Craig is right.

We have a patch release available every other Tuesday, but if there are no fixes that are ready to release, then nothing comes out.

Also, if there is no patch release then it does not mean we do not have anything to fix - it simply means there are no fixes that are ready to release

Hope this clarifies. 

I appreciate your being a K supporter!

• Thanks for the clarification, Varun, I understand now.  Craig, thanks for your reply as well, that's more clear.

• 7.0.0.21 & 6.5.0.21 released last night.

R8 is already up to 8.0.0.3