Kaseya Community

ssl certificate error after upgrading to Kaseya 7.0

This question is answered

Please let me know if you have experienced this. We just upg from 6.5 to 7.0. Went through the check list twice to make sure nothing is missed. Exported our existing SSL certificate using instructions provided. Imported it during upgrade. Now when we go to the login portal the ssl certificate for the site is a self signing certificate issued to "Kaseya Application Firewall" (see attached screenshot) .

I understand that in ver 7 the KAF takes over the ssl certificate as well as tcp traffic. I have used the new "SSL Configuration Tool" and imported again and restarted the KAF service to no avail.

Has anyone experienced this issue. I've created a ticket with K Support and have not heard from them yet.

[edited by: Sam Marashi at 1:19 PM (GMT -7) on Jul 23, 2014]
Verified Answer
  • After contacting Kaseya support and few retries it turned out that when browsing for the certificate file if it resides on a unc path it cannot load the certificate despite the fact it say loaded successfully. Once the certificate file was copied on the local drive and loaded, everything worked fine.

All Replies
  • After contacting Kaseya support and few retries it turned out that when browsing for the certificate file if it resides on a unc path it cannot load the certificate despite the fact it say loaded successfully. Once the certificate file was copied on the local drive and loaded, everything worked fine.