Kaseya Community

View: How to show machines where "Special Instructions" (Contact Notes) is NOT NULL

This question is answered

I'd like to have a view where we can show machines where the Profile has been edited (Agent-->Edit Profile) to have some Special Instructions (also referred to as Contact Notes) added. 

I've tried to create a view that says "Advanced agent data filter | Contact Notes = "NOT NULL", but the syntax apparently doesn't support "NULL". If I use

*e*

I, of course, get many of the machines where the Special Instructions contain the character "e", but that obviously isn't what I'm looking for. I've tried the Advanced Filtering instructions at http://help.kaseya.com/WebHelp/EN/VSA/6030000/index.asp#254.htm but they don't list any way to determine if a field is not NULL.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Verified Answer
  • Hi Matt

I use - NOT *[A-Za-z0-9.-]* to look for blanks and drop the NOT when looking for fields that contain data.

All Replies
  • It will depend on if the value is a string value or a number if it is a string value then use the image example below, if it is a number value replace the A with a 0.

Note that there is a space before and after of the operator.

If you want to do the reverse and only show agents with a value change the operator to the greater than sign

• Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, both "< A *" and "> A *" still show every PC with no filter. The "Contact Notes/Special Instructions" are strings.

Here are the two filters shown, neither of which filters anything

Note that there are no other options selected in the view. The view was created from scratch with only the above option configured.

Thanks,

Matt

Spelling
    [edited by: matts at 8:35 AM (GMT -7) on Jun 13, 2014]
  • Hi Matt

I use - NOT *[A-Za-z0-9.-]* to look for blanks and drop the NOT when looking for fields that contain data.

• That works! I had no idea Regex was supported. That might help me a couple other views I'd like to create. Thank you!

• You forgot to put the space before the operator, funny I actually mentioned it in the response and underlined it to make it obvious. Smile

Without the space in front of the operator the filter won't work.

Thanks Alistair did not know ASCII regular expressions worked in the view filters this might make more advanced filtering easier.

typo
    [edited by: HardKnoX at 1:46 PM (GMT -7) on Jun 19, 2014]
  • Well, I'm not sure how I missed your underlined note there, but that would have made the difference I'm sure. With that said, using regex is a phenomenal solution that I didn't know was possible, which is going to make possible some Views that I've always wanted to build based on our large number of custom auto-populated fields.