Kaseya Community

ESXi Dell LUA Script for KNM

This question is answered

Hello I am looking for a .lua script to report status on power supply and fan for a dell esxi server.  I see the scripts for the HP in Kaseya Network Monitoring, but not Dell.  Anyone have one they want to share?

Verified Answer
  • No need for scripts, in KNM v5 and forward you have native performance and hardware monitoring built-in

CIM monitor

help.kaseya.com/.../index.asp

Datastore monitoring

VMWare performance monitor

All this is of course included in the VSA 7.0 release where Network monitor is part of Core

• I think the VMware Health Monitor script will do what you're looking for - we use it on Dell servers and it works well, checking the same hardware you'd see in Dell's OpenManage Server Administrator:

Select script: WBEM_ESXi_Health_.lua

Author: Kaseya International Limited

Version: 1.1

Description: Checks health and operational status on cpu, memory, disk, disk controller, fan and PSU.

All Replies
  • No need for scripts, in KNM v5 and forward you have native performance and hardware monitoring built-in

CIM monitor

Datastore monitoring

VMWare performance monitor

All this is of course included in the VSA 7.0 release where Network monitor is part of Core

• I think the VMware Health Monitor script will do what you're looking for - we use it on Dell servers and it works well, checking the same hardware you'd see in Dell's OpenManage Server Administrator:

Select script: WBEM_ESXi_Health_.lua

Author: Kaseya International Limited

Version: 1.1

Description: Checks health and operational status on cpu, memory, disk, disk controller, fan and PSU.