Kaseya Community

Live Connect Unusably Slow

This question is answered

I put in a call yesterday about the live connect being unusably slow to connect.  All of the computers in my office are behaving this way.  I placed this call around 4pm central time yesterday, its been 18 hours and I haven't heard a single word even though I put it under the highest priority.  

Does anyone have any ideas?  Has this been happening to anyone else since the update to 6.5/patches afterward.  It isn't happening to any paticular agent, its happening to all agents. 

Steps I have already tried:

1)Tried multiple browsers.  The problem is not browser specific.

2)Re-installed live connect add on (Also deleted all relevant files from computer before re-installing)

3)Re-installed java 7.51

4)Tried multiple agents The problem is not agent specific

5)Updated all agents to most recent update/patches available to me

6)Switched internet connections (from office internet, to home internet, to cell 4g internet)  All behave the same way

7)Tried multiple computers.  The problem is not computer specific.

8)Tried multiple OS's.  The problem is not OS specific.

I am out of ideas. 

Verified Answer
  • This issue was in fact webroot.  For some reason they were blocking something in their real time scans that was stopping live connect from ever fully connecting to an agent.  The strange part is, it would let me connect to server 2012 machines just fine.  

All Replies
  • Hi Ryan

Apologies for the delay. What's the number of the ticket you submitted, so I can chase it for you?

• The ticket # is 5851.

• A few minutes ago Chris Sheehan was assigned to the problem finally. Thank you for your quick response.

• I ditto this, submitted a ticket today for it as well.... 

...ticket 6054...

Me dummy me forget ticket number
    [edited by: normb at 9:05 AM (GMT -8) on Feb 20, 2014]
  • Hi Ryan

Yes, Chris is in my office here and he has just responded to the ticket. He will work with you if you still need assistance. Sorry again for the delays

it helps if you tell us the ticket number... :-)

• Sorry Amado! Fixed it!

• I can confirm this is happening to us as well. We are with VA so they put in a ticket for us. I've waited 10 minutes to connect to agents and in the past this was not the case. I have also had it say that the procedure "Start KLC" succeeded but it never connected. I checked out the Agent Procedure log and it said that it was being rescheduled.

• After doing troubleshooting with the Kaseya team it was discovered that Webroot might be the culprit on blocking some of the functionality of the live connect.  When I tested this yesterday i simply disabled the real time checking.  But today I chose to disable all of Webroot and it seemed to have made a difference.  I can connect to all of my agents within 30 seconds or less.  I am still confirming with Webroot that they are the issue but whatever it is must have happened yesterday because before that I had no problems.  

I am thinking that Webroot must have put out an update, and that is effecting the live connect plug in.  

Dallas do you have webroot on your machines?  Anyone else had this happen to them while using webroot?

I will keep you posted as I find out more.

• We do not use Webroot. We ruled out Kaspersky being the case because this happens with V6, V10, and system without AV. Servers and workstations are affected. I've attached a screenshot of the procedure to compare. We are on SAAS. As you can see, I started it and for 10 minutes I waited until it connected even though it said it was rescheduled this time. Maybe the relays aren't responding in time? I just opened another agent and it connected in 30 seconds to 23.21.215.151. Let me try and see if I can find a pattern with the relay servers.

• Well I had only 1 that took 10 minutes today. The others connected 4 minutes or less. Below are my test results from different machines across different networks. These are the IP of the SAAS relay servers that the agents connected to. Fast is under 1 minute, Semi-slow is under two minutes, slow is 2-5 minutes, and Super Slow is 5+ minutes.

Fast

Fast

Fast

Fast

Fast

Fast

Fast

Fast

Fast

Fast

Fast

Fast

Fast

Fast

Super Slow

Fast

Fast

Slow

Semi-slow

Fast

Fast

Semi Slow

Fast

Fast

Fast

I don't know if this is enough data, but there's a slight chance that relay 184.169.166.254 may have intermittent issues. Connections this morning were better than it has been.

• How are you seeing what relay they are connecting to?  Is that in the agent logs or sys logs?

• Agent Procedure Log inside of KLC

• This issue was in fact webroot.  For some reason they were blocking something in their real time scans that was stopping live connect from ever fully connecting to an agent.  The strange part is, it would let me connect to server 2012 machines just fine.  

• I'm glad you were able to resolve it. I hope that they can resolve it for us since we don't use Webroot. This morning I connect to a machine in a matter of seconds. I disconnected and needed to get back on 15 minutes later. I started it up and waited about 10 minutes before it connected again. Very inconsistent.

• I have seen this happen to me too.  It happened alot after the first update to 6.5.  I searched my past E-mails and this is what they told me to do.  It honestly seemed to help but if it doesn't at least you know its not your machine that is the problem.

1)Close all open browsers and uninstall live connect from programs and features in control panel.

2)Navigate to the folder (c:\users\<username>\appdata\local\Kaseya) delete all contents inside this folder.

3)reboot

4)download and install the liveconnect.exe

5)close all browsers one final time, then open the browser you would like to use and test.

That did help me right after the update.  You have probably tried reinstalling the live connect but did you delete the contents of that folder?  That was the step I never did until they mentioned it.  It might help for you too.

RN