Kaseya Community

Alternative Text Editor for Kaseya Procedures?

This question is not answered

Not sure about you guys but I really don't like Kaseya's flash Text Editor for creating procedures, the lack of functionality such as no copy/paste outside of the flash environment is slowing down my workflow and just feels so dated. Is there a way of using an alternative Text Editor such as Sublime Text to create a procedure, then uploading it manually to the procedures directory? 

All Replies
  • Thanks for the feedback I will forward this to the product team for consideration.

• Control + c and control + v both work on my end for copy and paste functions inside and out of the agent procedure editor. Are these functions not working for you?

• Miguel Rodriguez

Control + c and control + v both work on my end for copy and paste functions inside and out of the agent procedure editor. Are these functions not working for you?

In 6.3 you can't copy and paste between 2 procedure editor browser tabs/windows (copy/paste outside of the flash environment), so if you want copy lines or blocks of lines between procedures then you have to use the "Procedure" menu option from the Procedure Editor to open the second procedure and then you can use the edit copy/past menu options to copy and paste lines or blocks of lines.

It takes a while to get use to and I know I can script faster and there are many other little bugs that make me worry some times.

Last I heard they where planning to migrate to LUA as a scripting language and if you are familiar with LUA you can already see some similarities with what we currently have.

If they do end up changing the procedure script language to LUA then we might be able to use script editors like Sublime, conText or SciTE to write scripts.

• Would moving to "Lua" give us the ability to do "Loops" and "ELSEIF"s?

• Maybe use external logic from Kaseya is good idea... For complex stuff I can't do with Kaseya, i use Powershell or other powerful language. Then I schedule it with Kaseya and Get the results with Windows Event...

I've some exemple for AppAssure 5 as the module is a shame for Kaseya and AppAssure too.... (Kaseya for accepting it, and Appassure to publish it...)