Kaseya Community

Changing Administrator Username

This question is answered

I am having some trouble renaming my user account in Kaseya, I have switched to the System Tab, selected Users found the account I want to rename (my own) and when I checked the rename option it shows the notice that I cannot change my own account name. So I logged into our monitor account (runs the dashboard on a central TV) after adjusting the permissions, I found that I could navigate to the same page and go through the rename process, but could not actually rename my account, the account name remains the same despite changing the account name, and resetting the password.

I was wondering if there is an administrative log that might detail why this procedure wouldn't work? I just tried renaming my monitor account and added a 2 at the end, that worked, even renaming it back to its original name worked. but I cannot change my account (while signed in as a different administrator)

Verified Answer
  • Hi Andrew

Are you a saas customer or on-premise?

I am able to rename my own account (as expected), by clicking on the Rename button under System > Users:

After saving that form, you can see the username has changed:

If this process is not working for you, will you please create a support ticket, mention this post and ping me back the ticket number.

Regards

Amado

All Replies
  • Hi Andrew

Are you a saas customer or on-premise?

I am able to rename my own account (as expected), by clicking on the Rename button under System > Users:

After saving that form, you can see the username has changed:

If this process is not working for you, will you please create a support ticket, mention this post and ping me back the ticket number.

Regards

Amado

• Thanks for the Quick answer, unfortunatly this did not fix the issue, I put a ticket in, its number CS176861

Steps I take to replicate this are as follows:

Navigate to System -> Logon Policy

Change Logon Policy to allow changing own login name

Navigate to System -> Users

Select ajenkins

Click Rename

Enter andrew.jenkins for new username

Enter new password & confirmation password

Click Save

At this point the username should have changed as well as the password, but the original password still works and the username never changes

Revert Logon Policy change

added replication steps
    [edited by: Andrew Jenkins at 11:07 AM (GMT -7) on Aug 21, 2013]
  • Thanks for the update and steps to repro.. I am looking at your ticket now.