Kaseya Community

Kaseya for Dummies?

This question is answered

I was recently just thrown into using Kaseya within our Midwest office as our previous person quite. He gave me very little to no training and I have no idea what I am doing. We have a team of engineers that use and develop the product but are turning over the Midwest office/clients to me. I have no clue what I am doing and cannot even find a simple "here is where you start" tutorial or anything. I am ready to give up and tell them to send this off to another engineer here but know that isn't typically the best thing to do for job performance and longevity. Can anyone help me find a link that starts from the basics of obtaining the client to server setup to what this product even really does that simple GPO work doesn't? I am very familiar with writing GPO's and love scripting. I find it hard to learn something new when it is forced upon me and I have zero desire. I am sure it is a simple to use product and my brain is just being a P.I.T.A. for its own reasons. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me learn this.

Verified Answer
  • Hi Aaron,

Your first port of call should be the Kaseya Education Portal (https://lms.kaseya.com/kedu/). Click on The Kaseya Solution > Computer Based Training (direct link: lms.kaseya.com/.../category.php) and follow the videos more or less in the order they are listed. You may skip some, but I'd definitely go through the System Administration, Agent Templates & Deployment, Monitoring , Audit & Inventory , Patch Management, Agent Procedures and Remote Control.

They are free and should give you a good initial idea of what Kaseya can do and how. You can of course contact your Account Manager to join instructor-led workshops or the Certification, but definitely start with those above first. If you have questions, feel free to post here - that's what the Forum is for :-)

Good luck in your adventure with Kaseya. I am sure you will love it

Regards

Amado, Kaseya Support

All Replies
  • Hi Aaron,

Your first port of call should be the Kaseya Education Portal (https://lms.kaseya.com/kedu/). Click on The Kaseya Solution > Computer Based Training (direct link: lms.kaseya.com/.../category.php) and follow the videos more or less in the order they are listed. You may skip some, but I'd definitely go through the System Administration, Agent Templates & Deployment, Monitoring , Audit & Inventory , Patch Management, Agent Procedures and Remote Control.

They are free and should give you a good initial idea of what Kaseya can do and how. You can of course contact your Account Manager to join instructor-led workshops or the Certification, but definitely start with those above first. If you have questions, feel free to post here - that's what the Forum is for :-)

Good luck in your adventure with Kaseya. I am sure you will love it

Regards

Amado, Kaseya Support

• Thank you very much for that post. Those are exactly what I needed to see and will try to go through. I am pretty frustrated with it for now and ready to call it quits. I will try those and hopefully get a better sense of Kaseya and good things it has to offer rather than my frustration post above. Thanks again.

• No problem, Aaron,  that's what we're here for :-) Before you call it quits, ping us here or your Account Manager, we're here to help.

• I've been using Kaseya since 2005.  Crap that's a long time.  If I were to start again, I would get in touch with one of the users, pay for a day long session and if you have some keen IT sense, you could cover end to end what the basics are and what you can do with it.   We tend to do that with new people in the company and passing on user information I find is even faster than following a training course.  You get to skip the stuff that isn't critical and come back to it later, you get to focus on the meat and potatoes.

There are online courses from Kaseya, talk with your sales rep.

Of course, always remember to click on the ? to get help on that specific page.

But again, there are a few of us that have used it a long time and you may want to consider reaching out to them for some dedicated time.