Hello Everyone,I run the KInstall.exe the installer crashes immediately with the message:
Unhandled ExceptionError Number: 0x80004005Description: Unspecified errorSetup will now terminateKaseya VSA Server 6.2 (working without issues)Windows 2003 SP2 (fully patched)SQL Server 2005 (on a separate box)Antivirus is DisabledI have .NET Framework 2.0, 3.5 and 4.0 All .NET Frameworks are fully patched.I have created a Ticket but so far I only got as a reply to follow a link to the community wiki (not very helpful)Note that to download 6.3 I had to press the "Request Upgrade" button to get the "Download" button(So may be the version of the installer is not the "Final" one?)Anybody got the same issue and found a solution?When is 6.3 going to be released officially for the On Premises Clients?Thank you.
You have been working with Tim here and the issue with the error 0x80004005 appeared to be related to a bug in installshield. If you attempt to run any installer (not just Kaseya), in an RDP session with 8-bit colors, it will fail.
Due to the time difference, I have asked my colleagues in the New Zealand office to contact you tomorrow to work out the last remaining issue with the antivirus failing the installer test.
Thank you for your patience
Amado Hidalgo, Kaseya Support
Edit from Kaseya: We have removed the direct link from this post. Please download the new installer from this request page. Thanks!
thats the link to the installer and should run just fine on premise...
Hello Mark and Thanks for the Speedy Answer,
Unfortunately I have downloaded the installer and run it
but I still get the same error.
I noticed that the KInstall.exe left an entry in the "Add/Remove Programs"
This can't be removed too (getting the same error).
6.3 is officially released for on premises clients. The ticket is the best way to get help with this issue.
Sure, I am still pursuing the Ticket "road" (Ticket Number: CS139821 created on the 15th).
But there are Clever people in this forum and while I wait for the Support to figure out an answer
to give me I though I could give it a shot and see if someone had encountered a similar issue.
I am pretty sure a lot of people have tried upgrading after waiting so long for this release and may
be facing now the same issue I am having.
Well... I don't know where the error comes from, but error 0x80004005 means "Access Denied". So, my best guess is the installer is trying to do something it is not allowed to. The installer does not handle the actual error code, but does some error checking, sees that the operation failed and throws an exception.
Exceptions are usually a clean way of exiting from unknown errors.
Are you running the installer with sufficient priviledges? Try running it as the administrator user if you aren't already. Otherwise, if the Kaseya server services are running under a specific user account, you can try running the installer as that user (right-click, run as).
That's was weird (I installed other software through RDP and I always use low color to improve the speed).
Anyway that surely resolve the issue. Thanks for the support.
Now we have another issue with the Installer not going ahead because it detects the antivirus on even if
all Symantec services and Firewall are disabled (restarted the server).
Tim pushed the installer in Diagnostic and went through and now we still working on it.
I am a "night" person, so for the time being I am ok staying overnight and getting this done :-)
Thanks again to you and Tim for the support.