We have had great success with the module and it seems to be very dynamic. We are having one issue, a new system was detected with version 12.5 but it will not collect the logs and display in the module. Other servs that we have seem to be working fine. The real only difference is the install of the Backup Exec 12.5 was not typical. We have reinstalled the Agent and looked at the procedure logs but do not see why it is not collecting the data. Where should we start looking to find out why the data is not there.
Thanks Jallen-env for emailing me the required logs. As we discussed over email, eventually it seemed to be that the BE server in question had odd job-schedule configuration i.e. job was not scheduled to run for many days or so. Hence there was no job history reported in the Backup Exec plug-in's UI on Kaseya web console. Plug-in is expected to report job-history whenever it completes its run in Backup Exec server.
Let me know if there is any issue on this later.
Ramesh Bupathy | Symantec Corporation
Thanks for your feedback. Regarding the issue you are facing with the Backup Exec Plug-in (against a 12.5 Backup Exec Media Server):
I assume you are using Backup Exec plug-in v1.1 (latest available release).
1. You had mentioned that you re-installed the agent, can you confirm that you installed "Kaseya Agent" or "the Agent 1.0 for Backup Exec plug-in"?
2. Do you see an entry in the add/remove programs window (on BE 12.5 media server that is in question) that reads "Agent 1.0 for Backup Exec Management Plug-in for Kaseya"?
a) If yes, a file "C:\Program Files\Kaseya\<Agent-ID>\BackupExecPlugin\BEMSE_Agent.exe" is expected to exist along with lot of other files. Please confirm this.
3. If answer to #2 is 'no', please run the agent procedure called "Install Agent 1.0 for Backup Exec Plug-in" against that specific 12.5 machine. You can share the log files from the "%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec Management Plug-in for Kaseya\Logs" folder from that BE media server. One of the log file in this folder should have info about the cause of the issue.
4. Have you scheduled the "Gather Bacup Exec Summary" & "Gather Backup Exec Inventory Summary" agent procedures against the 12.5 Backup Exec media server? It seems you have already scheduled them, please confirm that they have actually run against that Backup Exec machine.
5. After the "Gather..." agent procedures executed, please navigate to "Symantec Backup Exec" module/tab in Kaseya console, go to "Plug-in Exceptions" UI. Do you see any error listed pertaining to the Backup Exec 12.5 media server?
6. Please run the agent procedure "Gather Backup Exec Plug-in Support Information" against the Backup Exec 12.5 machine. It will prompt you for a case number, just type something like 123-456-789 or so. Once this procedure completed, log in to 12.5 machine, browse to "%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec Management Plug-in for Kaseya\PluginSupportInfo" folder and share the *.cab file with us. You may want to DM me the cab file.
Regards,Ramesh Bupathy | Symantec Corporation
So here are the answers to your questions and I will be able to run the procedure Friday Morning.
1) I did both. I had to reinstall the agent due to the way we deploy and remove the uninstall. After I redeployed the Kaseya Agent i re-ran the BES agent 1.1
2) Yes the entry is in there and all the folders seem to be fine. I even see in the logs that it tries to copy the html files then put then into the cab but it states there are no files to copy. I do see past backup logs in the altered path which shows up in the configuration file.
4) Both items are schedule and the device shows up as monitored.
5) No errors in the plugin Exceptions
6) I will do this Friday morning first thing.
OK. Just in case you experience any issue while performing step #6 from Kaseya console, an alternate method is: Log in to 12.5 machine, go to "Start menu > Programs > Agent 1.0 for Symantec Backup Exec Management Plug-in for Kaseya" and run the "Symantec Gather Utility". Here too, you need to provide the case-number in the dialog and also you have an option to provide a directory path (Output root directory path) in which you want the cab file to be created. Then click "Gather" button.
FYI - In both methods, the cab file will contain the same support information.
Just checking to see whether you had this issue resolved or not. Please let me know. I'm here to help you if this issue still persists.
Ramesh Bupathy | Symantec Corporation
Sorry just got back to this. I have the support info from the server. Where should I send the files?