Kaseya Community

Beautifying Kaseya Ticketing System

This question is answered

I love the abilities of the whole ticketing system in Kaseya but i find it HIDEOUS beyond belief. Is there a way to maybe add some CSS to the page, or somehow customize the LOOK of it - without taking out any of its functions? Even having a separate webpage that has all the same text boxes to fill out (name, email, phone, etc), but still use the same SQL table and whatnot so that reporting and everything still works would be an option but im not sure if the back end works like that. Again this is only a appearance thing and i am definitely open to suggestions.

Verified Answer
  • Hideous is a pretty strong word! Don't forget that's someones baby... ;-)

As others have mentioned, there are web service based API's so it's not too tricky to just write your own page that can be used to raise a ticket, for detailed info see the online help here: help.kaseya.com/.../3515.htm

Of course the ticketing system will also accept an email as input, so the really quick and easy method is to just build a webpage that emails the ticketing system and uses tags to describe what fields you want updated, check that out here: help.kaseya.com/.../434.htm

Ticketing is in the works to get a major facelift so at some point this problem will go away.

All Replies
  • Are you referring to Ticketing or the Service Desk?  If Service Desk, you can write your own front end and use the API to integrate it.

• not service desk - Ticketing. We have version 6.2 if that helps at all.

• nobody at all has done this or wanted this? i find that hard to believe.

• I would have to agree that the ticketing could definitely use a little beautification. The load times on it are brutal. I've resorted to using Alarms more than tickets at the moment because the ability to sort and address problems I personally find easier.

• Much of the Kaseya interface seems to be built with ASP. And some of the Ticket system pages seem to be located in the "..\WebPages\TroubleTicTab" folder. I suppose you could do most whatever you wanted to do to the ASP pages but your changes will be of course be overwritten should Kaseya ever decide to make any changes to them. So, sad as it may be, the best bet for you would probably be for you to submit your suggestions as "Product Feature Requests" and hope they don't get lost in the shuffle...

• yea i think i will add it to the feature list. I am wondering if i can use the same SQL table for another "website" for lack of better word, to have the same information and be compatible with Kaseya reporting and whatnot.

• Would it be possible to use the same SQL tables and whatnot to create a better interface?

• Yes, I would think so. But if you do, you risk having your interface stop working suddenly if Kaseya decides to change an underlying table or column structure without telling you first...

• Please also keep in mind that Ticketing in its current state will be replaced by the basic Servicedesk module in the next release.

Tickets will be migrated to Servicedesk Basic.

• If you ever want to go to SQL directly then use the Views as they are backwards compatible.  As Zippo mentioned, if you use the underlying tables, they can always change.

• Hideous is a pretty strong word! Don't forget that's someones baby... ;-)

As others have mentioned, there are web service based API's so it's not too tricky to just write your own page that can be used to raise a ticket, for detailed info see the online help here: help.kaseya.com/.../3515.htm

Of course the ticketing system will also accept an email as input, so the really quick and easy method is to just build a webpage that emails the ticketing system and uses tags to describe what fields you want updated, check that out here: help.kaseya.com/.../434.htm

Ticketing is in the works to get a major facelift so at some point this problem will go away.

• As walteij said earlier that the ticketing module will be replaced with service desk in later releases - so does that mean that the ticketing will be dropped, service desk replaced and a facelift for service desk? That would be aweome if so.

I really like the idea of sending emails with the fields. I think we may have to try this our for the time being until the facelift happens. Thanks for all the input guys!