Kaseya Community

VSA User that can't install Live Connect plugins

This question is answered

Has anyone ever ran into an issue where you can't open a live connect session and it throws the following error:

"Timeout expired before loading plug-ins"

I have a user that has a fresh install of Win7 and IE9 (problem happens in Chrome as well)

He was able to successfully install the kaseya plugin manager for IE9 but when he tries to go into the live connect it doesn't work. The preview window in the upper left has a red X in it and it does shortly after opening it generates the error above.

Things we have tried:

-New Browser (google chrome)
-Different version of Java (java 6 update 32)
-Rebooting the machine
-Adding the site to the trusted sites list
-Running IE as administrator
-copying the ie profile from his old machine to his new one
-His account has administrative rights

- Disable windows firewall
- Disable UAC
- Uninstall Virus Scanner

Does anyone know if i can manually install the IE addon without having it pushed from IE? Or does anyone have an agent procedure that might accomplish this? 

I saw this post: http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/26/p/15177/74153.aspx#74153 which is what the error looks like.

Thanks in advance.

(on a side note I have opened a ticket with support for this about an hour ago and will update with any solutions they suggest)

Verified Answer
  • The solution that I came across was a few things. Here is what worked for me.

    1. reboot the machine

    2. go into the internet options > Security then reset all zones to default level.

    3. Go to Internet Options > Advanced and then click Reset…

    4. UAC was disabled on this machine as well. So I put it up to the next lowest setting.

    5. Reboot the machine

    6. Login, open IE, and attempt the plug in install.

    If you have any special settings in IE they could be removed in the steps above, make not of your settings prior to doing this.

    Aside from that for chrome, I uninstalled the extensions and then reinstalled them. If i remember correctly i also disabled all other extensions while doing the install.

    The worst part was these steps worked for my machine but not another that was having the same issue. The other machine resolved itself over a day or so of just trying to use live connect.

All Replies
  • I have this exact same problem, seemingly randomly.  Did you find a solution?

  • The solution that I came across was a few things. Here is what worked for me.

    1. reboot the machine

    2. go into the internet options > Security then reset all zones to default level.

    3. Go to Internet Options > Advanced and then click Reset…

    4. UAC was disabled on this machine as well. So I put it up to the next lowest setting.

    5. Reboot the machine

    6. Login, open IE, and attempt the plug in install.

    If you have any special settings in IE they could be removed in the steps above, make not of your settings prior to doing this.

    Aside from that for chrome, I uninstalled the extensions and then reinstalled them. If i remember correctly i also disabled all other extensions while doing the install.

    The worst part was these steps worked for my machine but not another that was having the same issue. The other machine resolved itself over a day or so of just trying to use live connect.