Kaseya Community

anybody using CW and the two way ticket sync with Kaseya

This question is answered

Hi folks,

We use CW and KAseya.

I noticed in CW that there is a two way sync with Kaseya option..

Anybody using this and why would you use it? are you using Service desk and CW or ???

Cheers

Verified Answer
  • Hi Cassandra,

We have Kaseya customers running Autotask and ConnectWise utilizing the two-way ticket integration today. You can grab a trial from our site (www.devioinc.com) but feel free to drop me a line directly if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

Patrick Nikoletich

All Replies
  • We will be digging into this further in a couple of weeks.

• My company has recently purchased CW, we're in the process of setting up CW.

We're also in the process of setting up Service Desk within Kaseya. It wasn't until lately that I discovered they both were intended to do the same thing - manage tickets...

Now I'm scratching my head, wondering which direction to go...

CW - Has much more advanced ticketing than Kaseya has, is used for a lot more than base error reporting, better workflow rules from what I see, time tracking, etc...

Kaseya - Has the integration with itself.

From speaking to people, no one really seems to know which direction to go - Kaseya, or Connectwise for ticketing?  The 2 way integration looks promising, but I'm worried that it will cause issues with either side.  Obviously need both fully setup before we can proceed (at least the base infrastructure, not necessarily the workflow rules / automation as of yet), but how are people using the two?

I've watched Ben's video.  I've read the links / information on 2 way integration.  I've read that CW supports Kaseya 6.1 (but unclear if that's updated - we're on 6.2).  I've read the information on creating SHA-1 based passwords (but we STARTED using the PSA with K6.2 - everything explicitly defines using the integration prior to updating to 6.2).

How are people doing this at present?  K only for Ticketing / alarms, CW integration for Ticketing / alarms?  Further to that, would changes to tickets be done in Kaseya, or in Connectwise?  We're a tad on the confused side.  One person even went to far as to say they were cut & pasting in both locations, and that's worrisome.

• We use CW for all ticketing work including alarms. The only reason I was looking at service desk was because you can do a few more intelligent things with the SD procedures and then from there send it on to CW....

• it is very good to let CW handle tickets and Kaseya do what it supposed to. We are using it this way for several years and not much trouble. So for none of us has liked kaseya PSA, though it is installed. We had automated all email alerts/monitors/service alerts from kaseya to CW which automatically create ticket on respective service board of CW.

• We've got one-way ticketing working... Kaseya sends an email to a CW-monitored account. It's good but could be better - "two-way."

This is what we want: (haven't fully explored the two-way ticketing/ PSA integration - next on the list)

1. Automated ticket cancel / sync - Kaseya opens a ticket, Kaseya can cancel a ticket. Server only offline for two minutes? Don't need two CW tickets.
    2. Billing. Wrote an automated agent procedure that takes 10 minutes to run on a machine? Kaseya records that time into Connectwise.
    3. Ticket Creation - end-user's Agent Menu - live connect Ticketing - end-user can view own ticket backlog, if you want.

That's what I've come up with so far. It's been a month or so since your post - have you made any progress, @mmartin?

UPDATE:  So... I figured this all out and this post seemed funny to me... Two-Way ticketing is a separate deal than the upcoming "PSA Integration." Billing is almost certainly a function of the Service Billing module integration with Service Desk and PSA integration or two-way ticketing. And the MSP Integration already offers CW portal ticket management from the Kaseya agent icon. Whew. 

[edited by: Kerry at 11:58 PM (GMT -7) on 3-27-2012] Updated after some progress.
  • Anyone ever get 2-Way Ticketing working with ConnectWise?

• Hi Cyphon,

We do have a two-way ticketing integration as well as configuration synchronization module for Kaseya about to be made publicly available this week. Wrapping up the manual which covers all the features and explains the logic behind how the automation works. Feel free to reach out to me direct for more information: patrick@devioinc.com.

Thanks!

Patrick Nikoletich

devIO inc.

• I'm wondering if anyone actually has this working? I am coming from a labtech backround introduced into a working kaseya backround. I had to figure out "two-way ticketing" was actually what I was looking for. our boards are swamped with 20 of the same ticket, then 1 more of the same item coming back "up" online....

It's a little over the top on the admin side of things, just trying to cut down and automate that aspect a little (obviously the monitors need to be tweaked but still...)

• Hi Cassandra,

We have Kaseya customers running Autotask and ConnectWise utilizing the two-way ticket integration today. You can grab a trial from our site (www.devioinc.com) but feel free to drop me a line directly if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

Patrick Nikoletich