Kaseya Community

Iphone APP for kaseya question

• hello

I work in the IT department supporting hospitals across NYstate and we purchased kaseya to be our primary help desk tool

I also downloaded the kaseya iphone app wanted to get it setup for use on our network

From what I have read it looks like we need to download the kaseya mobile help desk add-on...

Is that a feature that should come with the kaseya package or is that a service that we need to purchase also?

I know this seems like a strange question but I am the only person in our IT department that has a iphone and our kaseya admin hates them with a passion and i didnt want to give him the task of researching it.

any help or suggestion would be helpfull. 

thanks so much in advance

DG

• nope it is built in - you just need to have outside access via the web to the KServer, i.e. port 80 (or 443 for SSL) has to be open in order for the iphone to connect ... OR you could alternatively use the internal ip address for the server and as long as you can pull up the webpage for Kaseya from anywhere within the network it will work as long as your iphone is connected to the internal network.

• dgarland,

The Kaseya Mobile iPhone app only supports the Service Desk feature of Kaseya at this time.  If your company is using Service Desk, then you will be able to use the iPhone app for ticketing purposes (that's lowercase ticketing, not uppercase Ticketing as in the Ticketing module - Ticketing is built-in to the core VSA.  Service Desk is an add-on, subscription-based module.).

If you aren't using Service Desk, then the iPhone app won't work for you.  If you're hoping to use the iPhone app for other features, you'll need to hang on for a bit as development works on expanding the iPhone app offerings.

• Thanks for quick responses.

I really like kaseya!s features and though the iphone app is limited i still would like to use it for ticketing.

When i ran the app within our network the app gave me an error that said something to the effect that the mobile access is currently disabled and to speak to the system admin. (im not at work right now so the exact wording of the message i currently dont know)

I brought it to his attention and his response was that i needed to get a license for the iphone which costed 25 dollars.  Is this remotely accurate at all?

I question this because he originally told me iphones wouldnt work on msExchange but that wasnt true

Like i said in the original post, he hates iphones and i cant emphasize the word hate enough which is why i wanted to ask here before i gave up.

So for the iphone app to work on our server, is there anything that needs to be enabled on the server side or should it be good as long as i have a connection?

Again. I appreciate the fast responses

Thanks

DG

• There is no iphone app license - the app is free and will work as long as you have service desk on your kserver, not just ticketing ...

• Not exactly.  If you have the corporate version of Kaseya, you do have to pay $25 for the iphone app.  Not sure for the MSP version, as I don't have an iPhone, but a Driod.

• Thanks everyone for the help

Today i checked myself and this is what I found

we are running enterprise edition 6.1.0.0

I checked the settings and saw that API web service was unchecked

I checked it and tried to log in with the iphone and no longer got a error but it wouldnt actually log in. It hung at the loading screen

is that a app glitch or do I need more setup on the server side

thanks for all the help everyone

:)

DG

• Are you a corporate user or an MSP?

Jack Aitken

President

Complete Computer Services

972-385-9997 x101

Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:43 PM
    To: generalquestionsanddiscussions@kaseya.com
    Subject: Re: [General Questions] Iphone APP for kaseya question

Thanks everyone for the help

Today i checked myself and this is what I found

we are running enterprise edition 6.1.0.0

I checked the settings and saw that API web service was unchecked

I checked it and tried to log in with the iphone and no longer got a error but it wouldnt actually log in. It hung at the loading screen

is that a app glitch or do I need more setup on the server side

thanks for all the help everyone

:)

DG

• Since this is the most Recent Post about Iphones, I thought I would ask here, Does anyone know if/when standard tickets will be supported by the Kaseya Mobile App for the Iphone? I have been looking into it to make it easier for techs on the road to put time in because a notepad and a pen just doesn't seem to work. The next question I would have, is would it be easier to create a mobile version of the Kaseya website instead of a zoomed out copy of the main page. Has anyone looked into creating this sort of thing?

• You must enable API Logins on your server.  System Tab, Configure, check the API box.

There is also a third party full featured Kaseya mobile access by GI now...  

www.greaterintell.com/giMobile.html