Kaseya Community

Kaseya 6.1 Upgrade - the good the bad and the ugly

• I had problems when I upgraded from 6.0.0 to 6.0.1. It broke a bunch of reports. Had to fix them all. Upgrade from 6.0.1 to 6.1 seems to be fine from what I can tell.

On the flipside, I thought the new Network Discovery piece was going to be in 6.1.... is that an add-on?

• Network Discovery is just an add on download and install it..

• diggisaur: Agreed.  i found that 6.01 actually broke a bunch more custom stuff than 6.1.  i had to fix all my reports as well.

George: Cases have been logged and now are closed.  Thier advise was to reinstall each component.  Did that, all fixed. (CS039945, CS039944)

• I was offered an early upgrade 3 weeks ago, and decided to do it. The upgrade was a much smoother than either 5.x to 6.0 or 6.0 to 6.01 was for us. The only thing I've noticed is a few more script failures for things like the Latest Audit, however not enough that I've taken the time to start a support ticket. I have both KAV and KAM installed as well, and those worked fine after the upgrade. The new Quick View feature is probably the thing I like most, I've used it quite a bit already.

• @Micke - just to respond to you we also had this issue so far not al machines but I had about 40 servers and 60 workstations got a -1 added to the end of them. Seems however that upgrading the agent to 6.1 sorts it but it does seem to be an issue.

• Hi MMartin,

For a list of everything added in 6.1 either go to System->Configure and hit the 'Release Notes' button, or go directly to the help link here: help.kaseya.com/.../index.htm

• Hi Ray,

Thanks for that i just checked that there but no mention of all the additions to agent procedures - lots of new commands in there. Is that buried somewhere else.

Cheers though

• I'm not sure how much of it has been 'openly exposed' _yet_. I'll check with the product marketing guys but I think you have to undertake some training first to get access.

• The new commands are available in 6.1 - I found them last night while having a look around, just wondering if there is any more I am not aware of.

Maybe not all based on what your saying but I do have lots of new commands in the agent procedure section.

• @mmartin: have you found the 'user defined command' -functionality that is mentioned in the release notes? if so, please share where to find it!

• no did not find that - I am just talking about all the new commands / zip / unzip / create event log entry / all that stuff. Just did not see this stuff mentioned anywhere so wondered if I missing other bits.

• no issues here.  upgrade went perfect and the new features are awesome!

i have some questions about the time tracking section, but so far no complaints...

• We upgraded overnight and now are having issues with live connect where we cannot connect to the vnc server.  Has anyone else seen these issues. The errors being displayed are:

There was an error connecting to the VNC Server.  Please try again

and

There was an error communicating with the remote system. Please try again.

More details:1054

I have created a support ticket as well, but thought I would see if anyone else is experiencing or seen the same issue.

• Hi Bryan,

As you can tell from the other upgrades, your situation is certainly outside the 'norm', so raising a ticket is the right thing to do. Certainly the connection requirements (port 5721 for UDP and TCP) haven't changed from 6.01 to 6.1 so as long as you haven't changed any connectivity settings it should all be ok. It could be that some of the components were in use during the upgrade and perhaps didn't get updated. Have you upgraded your agents?

Once the ticket is picked up I'm sure they'll be able to give you some better suggestions as they can take a look at the upgrade logs etc.

• The release notes mention an import feature under System. I've looked everywhere. I can't seem to find it.

Also, when I did the initial upgrade it looked like I got an extra tab called Time Sheets or something. Today it is gone. Weird.