Kaseya Community

2 Server for application and SQL server. SQL 2008 Express with advanced not working?

• Hi,

I did 1 testing to setup 2 saperate server for kaseya and SQL server. The problem is when i use SQL 2008 express with advanced services, when i want to install kaseya, having problem to enter sa password.

But when i use SQL 2008 Enterprise Edition, no problem to enter sa password while installing Kaseya. Same config and features applied while installing SQL.
    Wondering why........Confused
    I just want to know why if anybody faced this before.
    Or anybody success installing kaseya using 2 different server with SQL 2008 Express?

Legacy Forum Name: 2 Server for application and SQL server. SQL 2008 Express with advanced not working?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cyrus.d.virus
  • Found this solution from ksupport.

On the remote SQL Express instance please make sure that the SQL Browser Service is running and also please make sure you can telnet to the SQL server on port 1433 from the kserver. Again, there shouldn't be any difference in SQL Express or the Full version when it comes to installing Kaseya. As your error indicates there is definitely a port/communication issues between the kserver and the SQL Express instance.

You can also open up the SQL Configuration Manager on the SQL Express instance and make sure that TCP/IP and named pipes are Enabled.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cyrus.d.virus