Kaseya Community

XML Editor?

• Well we're getting into the new scripting and monitoring for K6, and I'm starting to realize the benefits of editing scripts (err, sorry procedures) as well as monitor sets with XML.

Several folks have mentioned they're doing this, I'm curious to hear if you've got an XML editor you like. (yeah I tried Notepad for a moment, but my head exploded so i decided to ask around Smile

Thoughts? Thanks in Advance!

Legacy Forum Name: XML Editor?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rbjsea
  • I like ultra edit but all it really is, is a more robust notepad

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • rbjsea
    Well we're getting into the new scripting and monitoring for K6, and I'm starting to realize the benefits of editing scripts (err, sorry procedures) as well as monitor sets with XML.

Several folks have mentioned they're doing this, I'm curious to hear if you've got an XML editor you like. (yeah I tried Notepad for a moment, but my head exploded so i decided to ask around Smile

Thoughts? Thanks in Advance!

I've used Notepad++ for a long time. It's got some great features like automated backups of files, tabs, many plugins which can assist with bulk editing, level collapsing, line numbers, minimizing to system tray, highlighting, bookmarks and it can remember the files you had open when it was last closed.

RCS-Michael

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • altova xml spy is the best in my opinion, but it is not a free tool... it does have a 30 trial though for you to evaluate it

http://www.altova.com/xml-editor/

Legacy Posted By Username: NT411