Kaseya Community

2 Kaseya Servers?

• I would like to know if anyone has experience with running 2 kaseya servers. We are currently running our old server and a new K2 server to begin migrating our clients. However, I'm running into a strange issue.

Here is the setup:

Old Server (Kaseya 5.x)
    hostname = xxxx.ourdomain.com
    port = 5721

New Server (K2)
    hostname = xxxx.ourdomain.com (same as old server)
    port = 5722

We're using our firewall to point the same domain name to two servers, just using two different ports to help ease the transition. However, for some reason, after telling my clients on the old server to check in on port 5722 (both primary and secondary), I'm finding they are still connecting to the old server.

Is it possible that the server is seeking out those old agents? Or, is there a configuration step I might have missed that is allowing the agents to still connect on the old port, which is still pointing to the old server?

Thanks.

Legacy Forum Name: 2 Kaseya Servers?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: joshs
  • Hi Joshs,

just to be sure. Did you change the agent checkin control settings on your new server?

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Hans den Boer
  • Yes. The new server was also configured to use the new port during installation. The agents check in, I can get a few of them to upgrade to the 6.0.0.3 version of the agent, but then the start checking into the old server again.

• That sounds a lot like the new server keeps redirecting them to the old one.

You could try installing a new agent on a machine or two that has the old agent (it will make a separate service called Kaseya Agent #2) and see if that gets bounced back to the old one.

Legacy Posted By Username: rbjsea
  • Found a solution:

Even though both servers had the primary Kserver port set to 5722, only the old server had the secondary server set to 5722. I'm guessing that Kaseya has a default .ini that is passed to the agent and tells it that the secondary should always be on 5721.

I changed the new server to have both primary and secondary servers on 5722 and my agents have now been checking in for over 3 hours.