Kaseya Community

Kaseya 6 Users

• We are running the new Kaseya.
    I created this for Kaseya 6 related questions and answers.
    I really like the new interface, I will try FireFox as suggested.

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya 6 Users,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rlaughland
  • I have scheduled a "Server Shutdown" script for a client server to fire off Sunday morning as Hydro was to be shut off and I wanted a graceful shutdown.
    When I looked on Sunday to see if it worked, the schedule was no longer listed anywhere, as if it was canceled/deleted. This happened two weeks in a row (this is not a re-occurring schedule, I set it twice)

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
  • There have been a couple instances of Regressions in hotfixes that have broken the display of Next Exec time/Next Exec Status. Seems to be working right at the moment though.

Have you checked the event logs on the server for a graceful shutdown?

Legacy Posted By Username: Charles.IN
  • I have a question for users on Kaseya 6:

How does the non-managed remote control work (video streaming). Currently an active-x control is needed for non-managed computers which fails, doesn't load, or is hard for some users to figure out (of course these are the downfalls, most of the time it works great).

What is the new process? how does it work?

Legacy Posted By Username: GDRBrian
  • We are planning on upgrading from SQL 2005 Express as the doco explicitly says Express versions "with more than 5 clients" will not be supported under v6 / K2.

Of course, Microsoft want to sell us 2008. I could try to find the 2005 download on the M$ site if it is still there, then arrange a downgrade key, but it would be easier if we could just run v6 on SQL 2008. Any ideas ?

Legacy Posted By Username: GEL-boy
  • We are planning on upgrading from SQL 2005 Express as the doco explicitly says Express versions "with more than 5 clients" will not be supported under v6 / K2.

Of course, Microsoft want to sell us 2008. I could try to find the 2005 download on the M$ site if it is still there, then arrange a downgrade key, but it would be easier if we could just run v6 on SQL 2008. I am waiting for a reply from support on this question, and if so a link to the correct procedure.

• Yes V6 will run just fine on SQL 2008, as per the Documentation you would/will recieve upon install. (Install Guide)

• Charles.IN
    There have been a couple instances of Regressions in hotfixes that have broken the display of Next Exec time/Next Exec Status. Seems to be working right at the moment though.

Have you checked the event logs on the server for a graceful shutdown?

Yes, the event log showed the shutdown was unexpected. So the server didn't shut down (at 8 am) before the power went out at 9 am.

• Charles.IN
    Yes V6 will run just fine on SQL 2008, as per the Documentation you would/will recieve upon install. (Install Guide)

I didn't see it in the Guide but yes, have had it confirmed now. The doco for upgrading from 2005 Express to SQL 2005 applies to 2008 as well, I am told, which makes some sense.

• rlaughland
    I have scheduled a "Server Shutdown" script for a client server to fire off Sunday morning as Hydro was to be shut off and I wanted a graceful shutdown.
    When I looked on Sunday to see if it worked, the schedule was no longer listed anywhere, as if it was canceled/deleted. This happened two weeks in a row (this is not a re-occurring schedule, I set it twice)

We had this problems too, but after the hotfix we see the last and next scheduled actions.

Legacy Posted By Username: cap.brian
  • any of you guys post some screenshots for the new interface? some of us are sitting here wondering what happened to the october release! Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: saybrook
  • To repeat GDRBrian's question. Is active-x still required to remote control clients, and is it possible to remote control a client from a non-Windows computer?

Legacy Posted By Username: mikecosentino
  • As I previously replied, No ActiveX is -not- required for remote control. The caveat, which I was about to post here is that it -is- required IF you are starting remote control from the remote control tab. HOWEVER if you start Remote Control from "Desktop Access" inside of Live Connect it will use a Java based applet to perform the remote access.

I'm not sure whether this will work cross platform, as I only have Windows Machines here... However based on the fact it's java based, and that Plugins for Firefox aren't necessarily Windows only... I would assume it could work

• Charles.IN
    As I previously replied, No ActiveX is -not- required for remote control. The caveat, which I was about to post here is that it -is- required IF you are starting remote control from the remote control tab. HOWEVER if you start Remote Control from "Desktop Access" inside of Live Connect it will use a Java based applet to perform the remote access.

I'm not sure whether this will work cross platform, as I only have Windows Machines here... However based on the fact it's java based, and that Plugins for Firefox aren't necessarily Windows only... I would assume it could work

By 'remote control' tab, do you mean the video streaming? I am wondering about non-managed computers that we direct to our website for a manual remote control connection through Kaseya.

Legacy Posted By Username: GDRBrian
  • Video Streaming is still part of the old Remote Control tab, and thus yes does still require ActiveX. Only Remote Control to your managed workstations through LiveConnect is able to not use activex at this time.

They are apparently working on migrating the Video Streaming parts of old remote control to live connect in some form or fashion I had heard tho