Kaseya Community

Windows 7 show as Windows Vista machines

• In K6 It shows correctly as Windows 7.

I doubt that kaseya will change this for the current release, as it doesnt really cause any problems. Patching works correctly and you can run scripts.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS
  • I am not (yet) ready to make the move to the beta/release candidate version of K6.

I do understand that, technically speaking, patching works and other stuff works. But, IMHO, the incorrect reporting in the current version (K5) just makes us "look bad" to our clients.

After years of of effort in convincing our clients about the "power" of our system, and is awsome monitoring, auditing, automation features - it just looks bad for our auditing reports and Exec Summ reports to not be able to tell the simple difference between a Windows Vista and Windwos 7 computer.

If K could just get the OS to show correctly on the Computer Listign report and the Exec Summ report, I would probably be fine. Without that, I think we just look bad to our clients - and hurts future discussions regarding the benefits/features of our systems.

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Kaseya got back to me, here read for yourself:
    I contacted a developer and asked a few more questions on this and the overall support for Win 7. Officially Win 7 is not supported on VSA 5.1 however since we use MS WUA for Patch then whatever MS supports with WUA we will patch also. Your patches are OK and the right pathes for the right OS will be deployed. VSA may report Vista but WUA knows its Win 7, XP... My apologies.

Legacy Posted By Username: red
  • We brought Kaseya six months ago, and am a bit stunned that Windows 7 is not at least identified in the reports, I could understand not SUPPORTING it yet, even thought any good tech I know has been running Windows 7 since the beta because Kaseya have not tested against Windows 7 RTM.

We now ONLY deploy Windows 7 to clients, and are upgrading those poor souls still trapped on Windows Vista as there has been a pent up demand for new PC's now there is something other than shaky old XP or ugly Vista to get on a new PC.

From what I have heard of Kaseya v6 problems (seem mostly sorted now?) and it Kaseya 6 not hitting RTM yet either, it seems the only way to not run beta software is to run the V5 which will never support the currently shipping Operating Systems.

Hello Rock, I would like to introduce you to hard place Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: exportgoldman
  • I'm sorely disappointed in the lack of support for Windows 7, especially since it is a production operating system. As far as I'm concerned, Kaseya should have been working on this when Windows 7 was in Release Candidate form. For what we pay for this product, this is a HUGE disappointment. N-Able's N-central product has been supporting Windows 7 since October 21st. I know they're still working on Kaseya 6 - in my opinion, development for that should be halted in an effort to get the existing product supporting Windows 7. This is far more important IMHO. As someone said earlier, this makes us look terrible to our clients who we've touted Kaseya as the ultimate system management tool.

Get it together Kaseya.

Legacy Posted By Username: strategicmicro
  • If anyone running the 'older' version of Kaseya ie below v6, then the view 'fix' works fine to single out Windows 7 machines...Only problem is those windows 7 machines will also show in the vista view if you have one...Not too much of an issue though.

Question I have is...Has anyone created a specific Windows 7 agent?

I know the Windows Vista one works on Windows 7, however I would prefer a tailored version to Windows 7 specifically.

Any help regarding this would be appreciated

Thanks

Craig

Legacy Posted By Username: Stephen@mkit.biz
  • For a Vista only filter
    Try
    OS Type "Windows Vista"
    OS version filter * 6*

Note the leading space for the 6

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty