Kaseya Community

Wol

• I see the VSA supports Intel vPRO for WOL, does anyone know of VSA support for any other WOL products, such as for Broadcom Nics and if K6 will be providing more WOL support for a broader range of products in addition to Intel's vPro?

Legacy Forum Name: Wol,
    Legacy Posted By Username: shickey
  • wake on lan has been supported for a long time via Scripting. K6 supports standard WOL as well as vPro WOL, but you need another machine on the network available for it. Also need to turn it on in the BIOS for those machines with NICs on board. I'm trying to find a way to programmatically modify BIOS to allow for that

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Charles.IN

Hey Charles, been a while since your last post...but have you had any success finding a way to add WOL to a bios?

[edited by: Anonymous at 1:10 PM (GMT -8) on 12-20-2010] N/A
  • That would be so sweet! But isn't the BIOS area generally protected from programmatic modification? I hope not, but seem to recall hearing that it is protected...

Charles.IN
    I'm trying to find a way to programmatically modify BIOS to allow for that

Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • To a point, it's not... with Dell you can flash the BIOS from the OS, but it does require a reboot. I hope that Charles.IN can figure out a way to do this on a wide spectrum of BIOS's... I've been trying for years to do that... But I'm not a "programmer" by any means... I'd still like to know how people are doing WOL across network segments...

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty

Hey Charles, been a while since your last post...but have you had any success finding a way to add WOL to a bios?

[edited by: Anonymous at 1:11 PM (GMT -8) on 12-20-2010] N/A