Kaseya Community

Kaseya 6

• Anybody running RC2 on a 64-bit OS/SQL install finding it slow?

We had issues with speed on K2009 but going to a x64 platform and sql server helped immensely. I would assume this would be true as well for K6 but would appreciate any confirmation.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: bfishbune
  • I'd like to trial RC2. Where can I go to request this?

Legacy Posted By Username: powerbiz
  • and I'll be running it on an Atom processor-based appliance with 32GB SSD. Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: j.lee@carceron.net
  • mmartin
    Mine is a Dell server not sure exactly but it is Dual CPU with 8GB Ram although only 4 are allocated to my Kaseya Server as it is running 32bit windows. I am running on ESX 3.5

My kaseya server is an upgrade of the old 2008 K server so it is running SQL 2005 Sp3.

I was half thinking of building a new one from scratch but the reality is I would want to upgrade my existing live server so hence the route I took.

But painfully slow at times and I have to say the Beta support is pants. I beta test other applications we use and they are right down there. Can be days before you get a response about a ticket and it always goes something like "make sure you have the latest hotfixes."

Plus documentation is rubbish also which does not help you get used to the new features and would stop me sending some of tickets through saying where is that?

You should upgrade to ESX4.

Legacy Posted By Username: TITaN
  • j.lee@carceron.net
    I heard we'll actually be notified when 6 is ready.
    --------
    and I'll be running it on an Atom processor-based appliance with 32GB SSD. Smile

Sounds like Duke Nukem Forever... It will be ready when it is ready.Stick out tongue

But seriously, I think they should go ahead and release it. We will be implementing it along side our v5 servers completely separate. The clients have gotten along with each other. I haven't found any problems in regards to having both agents on the same machine. Having both systems running would allow us to have an easier transition and have a fall back plan should something go wrong.

Legacy Posted By Username: red
  • I have not been able to find anything on system requirements and it sounds like we may need to upgrade to 64bit Windows for K6. We currently have 32bit Windows with 4GB of RAM and SQL 2005. Has anyone been able to get their Kaseya 6 server running fast? What are the server specs?

Legacy Posted By Username: bkelleher
  • I just got it running on a 32bit version of Server 2003 with 4GB of ram, Dual Xeon.

It was a bit slow at first but seems fine now (the day after). Only supporting 250 agents though.

Specific pages are a bit slow, but most are fine.

Legacy Posted By Username: droytrobb
  • I have to say,

I have nearly stopped using my test server as it is just too painful between stuff crashing or coding errors combined with slow speeds...

Also with the Live connect can they not just have one plugin that we install that combines all the plugins rather than having to agree to tons of plugins when using it.

Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • netwiz001
    I do not think they are adding any new Beta users. K6 is right around the corner, and most issues are resolved. From what I have heard they are trying to release K6 in August 2009.

This obviously did not happen. Has anyone heard any update on release?

Legacy Posted By Username: Cody357
  • Cody357
    This obviously did not happen. Has anyone heard any update on release?

I heard they are going to rename it "Kaseya: Vista" as it is late, bloated, and not living up to all expectations. I'm waiting for "Kaseya: 7" to come out. Big Smile

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • We will be implementing it along side our v5 servers completely separate. The clients have gotten along with each other. I haven't found any problems in regards to having both agents on the same machine. Having both systems running would allow us to have an easier transition and have a fall back plan should something go wrong.

I’d been thinking about doing that also and slowly moving more and more over to K6 as I go. Anyone else considered this dual deployment/transition over to K6?

For example, maybe at first you have the old Kaseya system stop managing patches and use K6 for that. Later stop monitoring with K5 and have K6 doing all the monitoring/alerting, then scripts and so on.

Are there any known caveats or concerns to this approach? Thanks - j

Legacy Posted By Username: Jason Johnson
  • CCDave
    I heard they are going to rename it "Kaseya: Vista" as it is late, bloated, and not living up to all expectations. I'm waiting for "Kaseya: 7" to come out. Big Smile

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

HAHA nice...

I haven't seen hide nor hair of K6 Sad

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Our rep here in Australia mentioned K2 in a recent release.

What is that? Is it just a new name for K6?

Legacy Posted By Username: Nathan Coulthard
  • Nathan Coulthard
    Our rep here in Australia mentioned K2 in a recent release.

What is that? Is it just a new name for K6?

Sure is Nathan. Some of us here refer to Kaseya version 6 as K2, generally as a nod to its total revamp of the interface. Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: josh.tipping
  • So when do we get it??

Legacy Posted By Username: Nathan Coulthard