Kaseya Community

Kaseya 6

• I was told yesterday by our account manager that V6 will be available as a GA (general availability) release on the website from 1 Jan 2010. Between now and then all existing customers will be upgraded in groups. I have just formally asked him to be pushed up the list, so I will see if that happens. We are waiting for the double-byte functionality of V6 to test in China before we roll it out there and subsequently double our licence count. I have been hoping that revenue carrot will help speed things up but I would also prefer a stable release over a sooner release. Obviously the staged release is to ease the pain on the support side.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: GEL-boy
  • [QUOTE=GEL-boy;49228]I was told yesterday by our account manager that V6 will be available as a GA (general availability) release on the website from 1 Jan 2010. Between now and then all existing customers will be upgraded in groups.[/QUOTE]

Can we get a conformation?

Legacy Posted By Username: red
  • red

I was told by my sales rep that it will be the end of Nov

Legacy Posted By Username: mmoore
  • I have got the same answer from our sales rep. - Jan 2010 (but this is not an official release date)

Legacy Posted By Username: RiTa79
  • My salesman got us into the last Controlled Release. On 11/12 I received the update instructions and download links.

To make a long story short we're having to migrate to a new server for K6, and while the initial migration succeeds when trying to install K6 it comes back with some errors. I opened a ticket this morning, and hopefully they'll be able to get us rolling.

What little bit I've accessed K6 (even though no agents would come online) the GUI is fairly responsive. They've made everything "prettier", but right now I'm merely concerned getting the server going.

UPDATE: While I have yet to hear back from Kaseya I have Kaseya 6 up and running. I ended up restarting the server, then Reinstalled the Database Schema. It took about 5 minutes, but it's running. It's sluggish, but it has some pretty cool features. I especially like the "live connect", though it seems when I close my browser it seems to freeze about 30% of the time.

Legacy Posted By Username: bmerfeld
  • red

I was at the Kaseya User Conference yesterday in Sydney AU, Gerald Blackie said the general availability date will be early January.

Legacy Posted By Username: philipj@itwest.biz
  • philipj@itwest.biz
    I was at the Kaseya User Conference yesterday in Sydney AU, Gerald Blackie said the general availability date will be early January.

Actually, the comment was more along the lines of "If testing goes well, and there are no more hiccups" etc, then General Availaibility would be around this January timeframe.

Legacy Posted By Username: Nathan Coulthard
  • We've been up and running on K6 since yesterday afternoon, but I still have heard not word from Kaseya support about the database errors we received trying to upgrade. Pretty disappointing.

I have noticed that one of our agents, which just happens to be one of my pcs, has gone up and down several times since updating the Kaseya Agent. I'm hoping this is not a trend.

Legacy Posted By Username: bmerfeld
  • I am now in the Controlled Release program as well. What I can tell you from my experience is that servers are rarely the cause of the issue, unless you are horridly underpowered to begin with.

What the new interface means, with alot of CSS and Javascript/AJAX is that it runs like the dogs breakfast in IE.

However with native Firefox support now for LiveConnect/Remote Control, using Firefox is much more responsive.

I tend to use Google Chrome for everything that doesn't require LiveConnect, and Switch to Firefox for stuff that does. Chrome's JS Rendering engine is just faster than Firefox's

Legacy Posted By Username: Charles.IN
  • So wait, are you saying that you can do Remote Control in Firefox without having to download an exe? ActiveX is done with?

Legacy Posted By Username: MGray
  • Yes, there is Native FireFox remote control in K2V6, through an XPI plugin specifically for Firefox

• WOW - will it run on Safari in Mac or Firefox in Mac for the remote control?

Legacy Posted By Username: TBK Consulting
  • Anyone running a K6 RC see any new stuff in BUDR or a replacement for Acronis?

Legacy Posted By Username: shickey
  • BUDR is untouched as of yet.

I can't comment on the Mac stuff, as I'm 100% PC here

• Is the release candidate available to just anyone? How can I get hold of it? Can I get hold of it?

Cheers

Legacy Posted By Username: wodger