Kaseya Community

Workgroup Only & Domain Only Views

• I am trying to create 2 views to display either machines that are members of domains or machines that are members of workgroups. I've seen that Kaseya lists workgroup computers by adding "(w)" at the end of the workgroup they are a member of, domain computers by adding "(d)" at the end of the domain they are a member of, and domain controllers by adding "(dc)" at the end of the domain they are a member of. So I create the new view, "Workgroup Computers", and go into "Advanced agent data filter > Domain/Workgroup." Here, I've tried a wide range of filters without being able to get the view I need. Let’s say the domain name for the client is "Pillow". When I set the filter for "*(w)*", or any variation, I still get the domain machines listed b/c the domain name has a "w" in it. I believe that the filter is viewing the brackets as part of a AND, OR, etc. statement thus not including them in the filter.

Does anyone have any idea how to make this work correctly?

Andy

Legacy Forum Name: Workgroup Only & Domain Only Views,
    Legacy Posted By Username: GradonSilverton
  • Not sure if you have seen the change, but now "domain", "workgroup", and "domain controller" are fully spelled out after the domain/workgroup name.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: SteveR
  • Steve,

It is listed that way if you open up the particular agent and look on the "Machine Info" tab. I'm using the info that I see by adding the "Domain/Workgroup" column on the Domain Status Page, allowing me to view the entire group or even all client from all groups at 1 time.

Andy

• I see what you mean now. I tested it by using *workgroup* thinking it was using the information in the "Machine Info" tab. I thought it worked because I saw agents in wg named "Workgroup"; my mistake. I also tried different filters but could not get it to filter correctly. Seems they would include an escape character.

Legacy Posted By Username: SteveR
  • Just got the answer back from support...

To Show Domaim Computers (Including Domain Controllers): *" (d)" or *" (dc)"

To Show Workgroup Computers: *" (w)"

Hope this helps anyone else who is needing this.

Andy

• Thanks for the tip.

Legacy Posted By Username: GDRBrian
  • Thanks. I could see this coming in handy.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Just what I was looking for, thanks for the solution

Legacy Posted By Username: leeevans
  • where do you put this information into the views, to get them.
    i tried it under advanced agent data filter, then under domiain /workgroup but not taking the info. am i doing it in the incorrect place?

thanks for the help.

Legacy Posted By Username: allan morris
  • allan morris
    where do you put this information into the views, to get them.
    i tried it under advanced agent data filter, then under domiain /workgroup but not taking the info. am i doing it in the incorrect place?

thanks for the help.

It is under "Advanced Agent Data Filter" > "Domain/Workgroup"

For Domain Computers, use *" (d)" OR *" (dc)"

For Workgroup Computers, use *" (w)"

*Use the Text in Red*

Hope that helps,

Andy