Kaseya Community

Quality of Kaseya support

• I would like to post some hopeful and positive news about Kaseya Support.

I just returned from the Kaseya User Conference. While at the Conference, myself and some other K users/partners had the opportuity to speak one-on-one with Alan Davis (VP, Global Product Services). Alan and other senior Kaseya staff also made several public comments.

Alan clearly "gets it", he knows of the problems, and postive changes are coming. I know, I know, we have heard this before. But after speaking with Alan, he was sincere, and I do beleive good things will be coming soon.

As like others have heard in the past, some of the changes that were mentioned at the User Conf include the following:
    - better trained support staff
    - ability for Kaseya users to prove their product knowledge (via some sort of certification test), and then be able to bypass 1st level support.
    - use of new features in the upcoming Service Desk module, to be able to designate those users who have proven they know the product as automatically getting to higher level support.
    - use of new features in the upcoming Service Desk module, to be able to have teams of K support staff to help with tickets, that cross many time zone - thus preventing the long delays that sometimes occur due to timezone and work time diffferences.
    - use of new features in the upcoming Service Desk module, to be able escalate tickets that have not been receiving attention.
    - 2nd level support evaluating 1st level responses and support - providing more training when they need it, and firing them if they just can't get it.
    - having K support staff use the telephone when appropriate, and not restrict support followup and assistance to email only.
    - providing the support we all deserve, and no plans to charge "extra" for higher/better support.

I am probably forgetting some things. But, I wanted to take a minute to post this positive news. It all depends on the new Servcie Desk module, which is in Beta now. It *should* be fully implemented within another 1-2 months.

Alan -> Thanks so much for your help. We all appeciate it, and look forward to the better service and support !

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • I've had only a few things to create tickets about with Kaseya in the last year, so I cannot really empathize very well. What I will say though, when I have submitted a ticket there was a fairly long wait between replies. I found it best to submit the ticket, and then call if it's an urgent issue.

At the Kaseya connect, Tim McMullen the COO who is in charge of support said that they are aware of the support difficulties their users have been having, and they are taking steps to remedy them. He said they will be hiring more support staff, as well as turning the phones back on.

Legacy Posted By Username: Matt.Conlon
  • Dang it. I had written that post, but got distracted before I hit submit, never saw Lwolf's post. Much better job of conveying the overall feeling about support that I left the conference with.

• Lloyd's posting covers what I experienced, and mostly how I feel however. I'd like to add that to me it "looks" like K put a heavy focus on getting the service desk out (equally for their benefit as well as ours). The used the phrase "eat their own dog food" (over and over again) to explain their commitment to improving their own helpdesk using the service desk app. Because of this, I'd expect this new app to really be debugged quickly, and be working really well by the time we all get our hands on it. Plus, I'd really expect their support to be really good at using it by the time it is released to us all.

So one of the ways I'm going to gauge supports improvement will be how well they use and support this app for me (as of right now I plan to try it). I figure if they do a good job regarding this guy (and I'm sure I'll have a few support issues since it is such a robust app) then they are probably on the right track. However, if the support for this app sucks (like previous support), and I know they're eating their own dog food (they told all of us this), then I will regard whatever attempt they made to improve support a failure (which I really hope doesn't happen).

Now I really, really hope that support is really, really ready to improve. I hope they are accurate with their assessment that the current tool they are using (the basic ticketing system in K) just doesn't scale for the number of tickets they are getting everyday. I hope this magic bullet is the tool they need to launch the support we all need, and what they really want to give us. So let's all have a little more patience (I know its hard) and give K another 60 days to start improving support (at the user conf they said their goal is to get support grade up to 90% by the end of the year) and start the trend of getting their support into what we need for this wonderful product they keep improving.

Boudj

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • lwolf
    I just returned from the Kaseya User Conference. While at the Conference, myself and some other K users/partners had the opportuity to speak one-on-one with Alan Davis (VP, Global Product Services). Alan and other senior Kaseya staff also made several public comments.

Alan clearly "gets it", he knows of the problems, and postive changes are coming. I know, I know, we have heard this before. But after speaking with Alan, he was sincere, and I do beleive good things will be coming soon.

(snip)

Lloyd

I will post a more lengthy review on the user conference when I get home (still at an airport believe it or not)...

I sincerely hate to be a 'negative nancy' but I had a serious case of deja vu during much of the conference, especially the sessions pertaining support and the stuff we heard during the 'tonight show' format. Talking with some other attendees, I wasn't the only one. The sad part is that not only do I like the Kaseya software but many of the company staff are really cool people.

I have no doubt that Alan 'gets it' and is sincere, but that same topic has been brought up at a user conference....twice in a row now. To instigate things further, the exact opposite was said about Connectwise support (take that for what you will) by quite a few people.

The good news is that they have publicly acknowledged the support issues...again. The bad news is that they had to in the first place. Only time will tell, Alan promised to have support fixed before the year is out. I really hope so (v6 was looking mighty nice).

Legacy Posted By Username: CeruleanBlue
  • One of the things they announced at the Kesaya connect was Kaseya certifications. They're requiring their own staff to take them too, and how this will benefit us is if we take it, and get a certain level of certification, we'll be able to call in and basically say "Yeah, I'm not a numbskull, I'm levelwhatever certified. I need someone with a certification higher than mine".

I think Tim M's statement was something to the effect of: It will help to get you passed some of problems we're having now, and to someone who can help.

• I was not able to attend this year, but I am glad to hear that the subject of support was brought up... I hope I am wrong, but I doubt that the Service Desk module alone will be the magical fix that they are touting. Even the current ticketing system could have been used much more in-depth to provide better support. Heck, a beginning SQL programmer could have written a few automated reports to send emails to assignees and managers when tickets seemingly disappear in their queues. Then again, maybe they are just so focused on working on the new Service Desk module rather than trying to tweak the existing ticketing module. Let's hope the only discussion about Support at next years conference is simply endless praise Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • Everyone should read the recent post/announcement by Alan Davis. Please be sure to participate in the surveys, and provide the feedback (per ticket) that he is looking for. We have a friend at Kaseya in Alan. Let's give him everything he requests/needs, to in turn, help us.

Lloyd

Kaseya Support Satisfaction Surveys

http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/132/t/10630.aspx

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf