Kaseya Community

Windows Server 2008 & Kserver - Anyone got it working?

• Ok - before anyone jumps me with KB articles - I KNOW - It isn't supported...

I've read the articles.

My question is this - Is there ANY WAY to make KSERVER and the front end website work on 2008?

I completely forgot that Kaseya & 2008 don't mix and I upgraded that server along with several others. The upgrade went off amazingly well (very impressed with Win2008 - but thats a topic for another forum)...

Kaseya hasn't been happy since.

I'm running Kaseya 2008 SP1. I've tried reinstalling the KServer from scratch (backing up first of course). I have plenty of backups of Kaseya from before the upgrade... just not the whole server.

Unfortunately my backup of the WHOLE SERVER didn't work properly apparently, so restoring from a pre-upgrade backup isn't an option.

HELP!

Legacy Forum Name: Windows Server 2008 & Kserver - Anyone got it working?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: chavousc
  • I spoke with Jacques Eagle from Kaseya a few weeks ago about support for 2008. I was purchasing hardware for a new kserver, and was lloking at options. He is a SQL tuning and hardware guy, but we did discuss 2003 versus 2008. He said he didn;t know about the details, but that Microsoft changed a bunch of stuff related to IIS in 2008, and many parts of the kaseya code (at least for the IIS interface parts) were going to have to be re-written. He said developers were working on it, but that a 2008-compatible version for the kserver itself would bnot be released until the next kaseya version.

I certainly don;t know the all the details of all the steps. But, as long as you have your SQL database files, and your c:\kaseya files, still in tact (make a copy and get them off the machine), that you could reinstall WIndows Serevr 2003, reinstall SQL Server, reinstall Kaseya, then copy back the files.

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Thanks Lloyd... I had basically decided that if no one was able to give any GOOD news by today then I'd just rebuild it as a 2003 server... because heaven knows I'll need this thing up and running this week...

Thanks for responding!

Chavous

• Unfortunately it as the other poster stated, until the next major release of Kaseya, the server will only run on versions up to Windows 2003 R2 and IIS6.

Hopefully Kaseya Support can assist with getting your Kserver up and running again.

Good luck.

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • Well, with the current condition of Kaseya support, I'm VERY glad that I DO NOT (and did not) need their help.

I wonder when the new version of Kaseya will come out... I REALLY like 2k8.