Kaseya Community

Xp Sp3

• XP Service Pack 3, To do, or not to do?

are you guys successfully installing XP SP3 with Kaseya?

Any Precautions? Any Problems?

Legacy Forum Name: Xp Sp3,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Resistance2Fly
  • I would not be doing xp sp3 with Kaseya, i rather install then from the file server or use windows update service to push the update out. If you want to use Kaseya to do the job, put the update on all the servers then write a script for each group to run the update. But i have not tested this, so try it in a lab room so that you can see how it go.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: dfenn
  • Great Question...

I've had it apply and reapply and reapply (etc) itself on one of our test workstations using initial update. I left it overnight and canned the job next morning. (After 145 attempts to install itself)

On the test machines it worked on, I noticed it turn Windows security features back on.

I currently have it on my denied list but would love to get some info on how to get this working reliably.

Legacy Posted By Username: garry
  • We've deployed it to a bunch of smaller networks. On one whitebox PC we hit an incompatible video card driver. Re-installed via KVNC and it worked fine. Other than that, no problems.

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • arobar
    We've deployed it to a bunch of smaller networks. On one whitebox PC we hit an incompatible video card driver. Re-installed via KVNC and it worked fine. Other than that, no problems.

I' deployed XP SP3 on couple of client sites, no problem. Just be careful, if you are using patch policy, to approved all XP3 versions, its like 4 of them.

Legacy Posted By Username: rudi