Kaseya Community

Anyone else have all their agents go offline today?

• Yeah... this just happened again with me at 12:15pm today. Fortunately all came back online with 10 mins.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • We had a big outage late yesterday (EDT) right in the middle of several remtoe access sessions. But things have been stable since (probably just jinxed myself).

We are using 5.004 due to earlier issues and are at hotfix 921

Legacy Posted By Username: karode
  • I found a couple of machines generating 3000 events an hour.

I was logging successful login events on a file server and a mail server which generated a large amount of events to be logged in the security log.

I disabled "Audit Success" event log capturing on these high usage servers, and I haven't had an issue with the agents failing to check in since.

Let's just hope the Auditors don't ask to see history during this unaudited period. Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: myArch-man
  • [quote=myArch-man;27670]I found a couple of machines generating 3000 events an hour.
    Smile[/quote]

I installed 5.0.0.4 and am on hotfix 914.

Is there posted somewhere what each hotfix is for?

Legacy Posted By Username: myArch-man
  • http://vsaupdate.kaseya.net/vsaupdate/v5000000/kweb.xml

This is the best I have found so far.

Legacy Posted By Username: shaynes
  • These mid day updates are getting CRAZY. ALL agents went down today for 10 minutes while the hot fix was loaded. I am grateful because I wanted the Type setting back on the event logs but the scheduling is bad. We should have the ability of the Configure screen to select a time to check for hotfixes (just like the database backup). To have the hotfix run in the middle of the day and stop a room full of well paid engineers from working and all my clients seeing our agent down is not only disruptive but it makes us look bad. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Kaseya and I haven't turned off the auto hotfix check as I want them loaded when they are available but a choice of when it checks is much needed.

*PLEASE try to squeeze this into one of those hotfixes

Legacy Posted By Username: WayneL@P-Connect.com
  • Hi,

We've got a bit of a mess here. Last Friday we performed an upgrade to version 5.0.0.0. We also updated the agents of 100 clients. We had it running, but with some problems, till yesterday. The problems being unable to see the alarms. We then decided to revert to a snapshot from before the update. We tried to rerun the update to 5.0.0.0 three times withe the same errors we had in the first place. We are now still running the server at version 4.8.1.0, but with about half of the agents running the newer 5.0.0.0.

The problem we have now is twofold.
    1. The agents with version 5.0.0.0 doesn't seem to be able to communicate with the server, version 4.8.1.0.

2. We also seem to have the bug described in this thread, with agents sending a lot of data that the server can't handle.

The problem we're facing is that a lot of the agents is resided at companies which we only can reach through Kaseya. But we can't communicate with the agents due to the version mismatch and/or the "offline bug".

Any tips?

Legacy Posted By Username: DKData
  • Once the agents have been upgraded, there is no going back unless you have some other way to access those machines to uninstall the 5.0 agents.

For the most part the major issues seems to have stablized for us with the 5.004 exe and up to hotfix 949. We still have issues (that support keeps saying were repaired in a hotfix and that obviously were not as they are 100% reproducible) but they are not preventing us from supporting our clients any longer.

OT RANT - I love how support responds to an issue and immediately closes the tickets.....think they might be rated or graded on some rather simplistic reporting?

Legacy Posted By Username: karode
  • DKData,

It has been stated several time already that newer agents CANNOT communicate with an older server. The ONLY solution if you want to stay with the older server is to manually uninstall/reinstall the agents you have updated.

As for receiving a lot of data, check our your Event Log settings under the Agent module. This has been the root cause of most of the problems experienced by members of the forum. With 5.0 there is a special menu under System -> Statistics that shows which machines are the loudest talkers.

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • I'm fully patched and have 5.0.0.4 kserver.exe installed and yet still have all my clients go offline several times a day. Good news though is that my database has stopped growing at a rapid pace and has settled in at the near 12Mb per agent size. And most of my other issues have been fixed with hotfixes but it is all for nothing if my staff spends most of it's day explaining to clients why their icons keeps changing colors and clearing false agent offline tickets.

• Here is an update with all of my Agents going offline (from Kaseya)...

"Appreciate the update that you are still having the Agents reported as going offline. The ticket was closed as a matter of process awaiting the next step on our end, not that we considered this issue closed. Development is still working of the SQL contention that arises during audits and leading to the Agents going offline.

The recommendation to re-schedule audit is meant purely as a temporary measure."

I just removed daily scheduled audits from all of my systems. Lets see if that stops this serious issue from occurring daily. I am not happy with audits not running daily either.

Finally, does anyone else experience this issue?

• We are still experiencing the same issues. We were going down once a day since the upgrade but that could be stopped by rescheduling the Archive/Purge script. But this week it became 4 to 5 times a day and nothing will stop it.
    Kaseya has a DBA running monitoring my SQL server now. They are acting very concerned which makes me feel better but not as good as having my K server back in shape would make me feel. How many agents are you monitoring? I just wonder if the issues become exagerated the larger your agent pool.

• i wish kaseya would spend more money on support than all that pretty marketing. Sad

i can't even download the full install of VSA

Legacy Posted By Username: theodis
  • I rec'd the following reponse from K Tech Support:

Date: 22:45:28 24-Apr-08
    I set SQL Server Max Degree of Parallelism to 1 and rebuilt Audit indexes to relieve constriction. Please go back to running your audits as normal and let me know if the problem persists.

Lets see if this works. I will let you guys know withing the next week if this problem reappears.