Kaseya Community

"The network path was not found." During Lan Watch Install

• Anyone know why I get the error message "The network path was not found." when trying to install to clients on a domain. 2 out of 5 identical computers let the agent install just fine and the others produce "The network path was not found."

Legacy Forum Name: "The network path was not found." During Lan Watch Install,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Resistance2Fly
  • Update: Knowledge base says its because of the windows firewall. Ill double check tommorow, but please post if you have any other ideas or experiences with this error.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
  • I found that this may occur if there are invalid reverse dns records. Check your reverse zone in DNS and delete "orphaned" ptr entries.

Legacy Posted By Username: myArch-man
  • File & Print Sharing must be enabled in the firewall. If you are dealing with Vista workstations, then you need to use the Vista specific firewall MMC snapin. With Vista as well, you may need to run PSEXEC manually and add the -s switch. It should be fixed in 2008, but I've not had the opportunity to test this.

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • Checkpoint secureclient can also cause this, disable the security policy in your client then...

Legacy Posted By Username: Patrick Verbeek
  • It was the invalid ptr records, thanks!