Kaseya Community

Getting ready for tomorrow?

• Hi Everyone,
    Just wondering what everyone is doing in response to the release 'due tomorrow'. I have not heard anything relating to the update in recent days, was just wondering what other MSP's were doing before the big update, i.e. Is everyone backing up? Telling customers about new features? Any pre-planned events for the new update?

We have backed up both the Kaseya Server and the SQL database that it uses. Has anyone taken any further steps?

Thanks.

Luke.

Legacy Forum Name: Getting ready for tomorrow?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: luke.bragg
  • We backed up our Kaseya server, our SQL Server as well as all our scripts and other system customizations (theme, colors, logos, etc.). Both servers are backed up nightly anyway. We aren't too worried about the update, but then again, you can never be too careful.

Until we go through and learn all the new/updated features we probably won't announce anything "new" to our clients.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: CeruleanBlue
  • We use the BUDR feature in Kaseya to backup the server nightly... I figure I'll run one last image before ungrading. This way I can restore back to a point in time if there is a problem. You gotta like a company that has build in DR for its own upgrades!

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Anyone else notice alot went missing from this thread? Why is this so?

Legacy Posted By Username: Nathan Coulthard
  • If the Kaseya moderators are going to apply wholesale censorship to a thread & remove multiple posts (including 2 of mine), then at least have the decency to provide some information about what is happening with the release.

Is the general release imminent, or is it the beta that is imminent??

Cheers, Ian

Just seen this link in a Kaseya post in another thread - http://forum.kaseya.com/showthread.php?t=6082

Guess it was too hard to post this link in more than one location.

So for those who can't be bothered to click through on the link, Kaseya is saying general release is scheduled for 10 March.

Legacy Posted By Username: TechOnline
  • Still no KES pre release statement as refernced by the Core Pre Release statement though.

Legacy Posted By Username: Nathan Coulthard
  • I have turned of automatic updates. I figured I wanted to control the exact time that this release updates - and might even wait a week or 2 till the bleading edge is a little blunter.

Legacy Posted By Username: sswavley
  • SSWAVLEY,

You dont have to worry about Kaseya2K8 being released as a hotfix, this will be a downloaded update that will require the server to be stopped. So you can leave hotfixes on.

God Bless,
    Marty

Legacy Posted By Username: Missing Link