Kaseya Community

VSA seems slow

• Not quite a year ago we moved our VSA to a new box to speed it up some. It was better, but never screaming. Over the last month or so it seems to be getting a bit sluggish. On the old forums I saw some discussion about slow VSA's. Wonder how other's are running, and if anyone has recomendations on what to do to keep perf up on them. I've never tried using that db defrag option on the system page before. Hoping to find some tweaks that can run periodocially during low peak times as it sucks to slow this thing down even more.

The box is a x2 Xeon 2.8Ghz, 2G ram, two separate disk (mirror) arrays one for OS one for SQL. It's a Dell 2650 or 2850 I believe (sorry I'm more of a HP guy). Only about ~700 agents.

Legacy Forum Name: VSA seems slow,
    Legacy Posted By Username: bent
  • Ours seems very snappy with a similar setup

Dell PE2600
    2.8g, Dual Xeon
    2g RAM
    Single RAID 5, 10K U320 Drives, Single C: volume
    Win2K3 Std, SQL 2000, all updates
    No AV - that is a big one, we run IDS/IPS and gateway AV in front of our box.
    Kaseya, MSP edition
    1200+ agents and counting.
    Dedicated T1.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: SADAsystems
  • bent
    Not quite a year ago we moved our VSA to a new box to speed it up some. It was better, but never screaming. Over the last month or so it seems to be getting a bit sluggish. On the old forums I saw some discussion about slow VSA's. Wonder how other's are running, and if anyone has recomendations on what to do to keep perf up on them. I've never tried using that db defrag option on the system page before. Hoping to find some tweaks that can run periodocially during low peak times as it sucks to slow this thing down even more.

The box is a x2 Xeon 2.8Ghz, 2G ram, two separate disk (mirror) arrays one for OS one for SQL. It's a Dell 2650 or 2850 I believe (sorry I'm more of a HP guy). Only about ~700 agents.

We noticed slowness on our KServer last year when we went over 2,000 agents. Good box, but since it was running both KServer and SQL, the SQL processes were hammering the server.

We migrated SQL to a different box and all seems well now. With 2,500 agents and a DB size of about 15G.

I would suggest looking at your disk queuing and consider adding more RAM since SQL can be a hog. Also, are you using some Monitor Sets to monitor you KServer? If so, you could try disabling it and see if it helps. In our case, the moment we enabled the emPower Monitor Assist monitoring on our internal servers, the SQL activity and CPU utilization shot up and caused even more dramatic slowness.

Good luck.

Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • Our server performance could definitely improve and we are not working it hard. Is anyone with snappy performance limiting connections to SSL only? I am wondering if perhaps blocking http is causing some of the slow response we get.

Thanks

Legacy Posted By Username: karode
  • We're not blocking port 80 (443 is the only port allowed in from the internet side). When using the system on the lan I want to say https maybe a little slower.

Legacy Posted By Username: bent